Moist and filling, Jiffy Thyme Cheddar Cornbread Muffins have just the right balance of herby cheesiness. Perfect for snacking or a cozy side for your favorite soup.
If you love easy cornbread recipes, you’re totally going to want to make these Jiffy Thyme Cheddar Cornbread Muffins. We started with our super popular Jiffy Jalapeno Cheddar Muffins recipe…and tweaked it to make them cheesy herb muffins.
Around here we love using cornbread mix. It’s convenient, easy…and the muffins come out perfect every time.
Ingredients to make Jiffy Thyme Cheddar Cornbread Muffins
The recipe ingredients are to make one dozen muffins (6 muffins per box of mix). The recipe can be halved or double (or triple) as you like.
- Jiffy Cornbread Mix – 2 boxes were used to make 12 muffins. For one box, just cut the recipe in half. There are lots of other brands of cornbread mix on the market, so use your favorite. * eggs and milk are on the Jiffy cornbread directions so that’s what I used and included in the ingredient list. If you use a different mix, the directions might be different.
- Cream cheese – a full 8-ounce block! Don’t start counting calories now…go on…use the full fat stuff.
- Eggs – part of the cornbread mix directions, so I included eggs as part of the ingredients.
- Thyme – we used fresh thyme sprigs, but dried thyme from your spice rack is perfect. Use a light hand if you’re not sure you love thyme…or add other herbs like parsley and chives. Yum!
- Milk – it’s on the cornbread mix directions, so I included it in the ingredient list. We always have 2% on hand, but whole milk is fine.
- Cheddar Cheese – buy a bag of pre-shredded (changed my life forever) or shred your own from a block. Mexican bland or Jack cheese are good substitutes.
Make these muffins in 3 easy steps!
- Heat the cream cheese until it’s soft enough to stir. A microwave is perfect for this. It takes about a minute on High power. OR you can heat water in a pot on the stove to boiling and set a mixing bowl on top to warm the cream cheese.
- Add all the other ingredients to the bowl and stir gently until everything is combined.
- Use a cupcake scoop or spoon to fill the muffin wells to 3/4 full, then bake until golden on top. Poke one with a knife and if it comes out clean, they’re done. Easy!
What to serve with Jiffy Thyme Cheddar Muffins
- Easy Homemade Tomato Soup
- Slow Cooker Garlic Honey Chicken
- Tequila Black Bean Soup
- Sheet Pan Smoked Sausage and Peppers
- Texas Chicken Chili
Jiffy Thyme Cheddar Cornbread Muffins
Click highlighted ingredients to buy them!
- 8 ounce cream cheese
- 2 (8.5 ounce) Jiffy Cornbread Mix, 2 Boxes
- 2 large eggs*, lightly beaten
- 2/3 cup milk*, whole or 2%
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 tsp thyme, + extra for garnish
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Grease muffin tin. spray with non-stick cooking spray or line with paper liners.
- In medium bowl, heat the cream cheese in microwave for 1 – 2 minutes until soft enough to stir. Add in the cornbread mix, eggs, milk thyme and cheese. Stir gently to combine.
- Scoop batter into muffin tin, filling 3/4 full. Top each with thyme sprig. Bake on center rack of oven 20 – 22 minutes until golden brown on top and knife inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool on a wire rack before serving.
NUTRITION INFORMATION PER SERVING
© Copyright Christine Mello for Must Love Home. We would love for you to share a link to this recipe but please do not copy/paste the recipe instructions to websites or social media. We are happy for you to share a photo with a link back to this website instead.