Delicious, versatile and fast, this Sheet Pan Smoked Sausage and Peppers tossed with olive oil is an entire meal ready in 30 minutes!
We’re at it again with another sheet pan dinner. They’re so easy to make…it’s like cheating to make dinner. This time we’re cooking super colorful Sheet Pan Smoked Sausage and Mini Peppers…this meal defines EASY!
If you’ve been looking for recipes that feature those delicious fully cooked smoked sausage or kielbasa ropes, this one is a must-make. This one pan dinner is served right from the oven with a honey mustard dipping sauce….crispy, healthy and full of flavor. No dishes needed😀!
What is a Sheet Pan Dinner?
It’s one of the easiest, fool-proof ways to put a deliciously roasted dinner on the table – all on one large sheet pan. It saves time, requires no special pots or pan and makes clean up a breeze.
There’s a simple formula for making tasty sheet pan dinners – choose your protein, add vegetables then choose your seasonings or sauce. Roast at high heat setting until the meat and vegetables are cooked thru and golden brown. It’s absolutely recommended that all meat is checked to make sure it’s reached the proper temperature by using an instant read thermometer.
Ingredients Needed For Sheet Pan Smoked Sausage and Mini Peppers
- Smoked Sausage – we used a rope of skinless smoked sausage (fully cooked in a package).
- Mini Bell Peppers – a variety of red, yellow and orange mini peppers for this recipe! Mini Peppers have tender stems and almost no seeds, so cleaning them for cooking is a breeze.
- Red Onion – one large red onion for sweet flavor!
- Olive Oil
- Dijon Mustard – base for the honey mustard sauce
- Mayonnaise – for super creamy dipping sauce
- Honey – adds sweetness and the honey compliments the flavor of the mustard
- Vinegar – for extra tang.
💡TIP – you can never have enough smoked sausage for dipping, so we added another rope of the sausage to the pan…for sheer indulgence!
How To Make the Best Sheet Pan Smoked Sausage and Peppers
This recipe is totally quick and simple by roasting the sausage and vegetables all on one sheet pan! Don’t forget the dipping sauce:)
- First, preheat the oven to 400F/200C.
- Lightly oil your sheet pan with olive oil and spread the vegetables out in a single layer. Drizzle olive oil over the vegetables and toss to coat. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Finally, nestle the smoked sausage pieces among the veggies and pop the pan in the oven for 25 minutes until the sausage is crisp and the vegetables are tender and starting to brown. Flip the sausage and vegetables at the halfway cooking point.
- While the sausage and veggies are roasting, in a small bowl mix the honey mustard sauce ingredients. Set aside.
- At the end of the roasting time, remove pan from oven and let cool slightly. Place the dipping sauce container right on the sheet pan to serve.
More Sheet Pan Dinner Recipes
- Sheet Pan Chicken Fajitas and Rice
- One Pan Smoky Chicken with Balsamic Vegetables
- Sheet Pan Sesame Chicken
Sheet Pan Smoked Sausage and Mini Peppers
Click highlighted ingredients to buy them!
- 1 pounds smoked sausage, fully cooked
- 4 cups mini bell peppers
- 1 large red onion, peeled and cut in wedges
- 1 to 2 tbsp olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 400°F/200°C. Lightly oil large rimmed baking sheet.
- Wash peppers and slice in half lengthwise. Use a paring knife or spoon to remove seeds and pith. Peel onion and slice into thick wedges. Slice smoked sausage into 2 inch thick pieces.
- Spread vegetables out on baking sheet. Drizzle olive oil evenly over vegetables and toss to coat. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Nestle sausage pieces among peppers, skin down.
- Bake on center rack of oven for 25 minutes, flipping vegetables and sausage at the halfway point. ( Bake for 5 to 10 minutes longer for browned vegetables and sausage)
- Meanwhile, mix together ingredients for honey mustard sauce and set aside.
- Remove pan from oven and allow to cool slightly before serving. Serve right on the pan with a container of honey mustard sauce for dipping. .
NUTRITION INFORMATION PER SERVING
© Copyright Christine Mello for Must Love Home. We would love for you to share a link to this recipe but please do not copy/paste the recipe instructions to websites or social media. We are happy for you to share a photo with a link back to this website instead.