Onion, tomatoes, garlic and butter are all you need to make Easy Homemade Tomato Soup. It’s a thick and delicious soup that comes together in under an hour.
EASY HOMEMADE TOMATO SOUP
Talk about easy! This may be the easiest, and tastiest tomato soup you’ll ever make. The ingredients are simple and I pared them down to only what, in my opinion, are the bare necessities to make it delicious.
That’s my favorite way to cook, and keep the little sanity I have left. My motto – only use the ingredients you really need to make the food taste good! Oh… and butter makes everything better! If I tell the guys that I added butter or (cough) alcohol, they’re on board.
If you’re craving more homemade soup, check out all our comforting soup recipes.
Ingredients To Make Easy Homemade Tomato Soup
As a rule, I generally don’t list salt, pepper or water. I assume you’ll have these on hand.
TOOLS USED TO MAKE THIS RECIPE
- EverSharp Pro Chef’s Knife – it’s my go-to knife….perfect 8-inch blade for all your kitchen cutting, slicing and chopping without ever needing sharpened!
- Dutch Oven – This 7-quart high quality ceramic coated pot goes easily from stove top to oven. Use it for soups, browning meat, braising, and even baking bread. Come in lots of different colors too.
- Immersion Blender – it’s so easy to use, just blend right in the cooking pot! This is the one I own.
Easy Homemade Tomato Soup Recipe
Click highlighted ingredients to buy them!
- Melt butter in large saucepan. Add onion, saute over medium-high heat until translucent, 3 – 5 minutes. Add garlic and cook 1 minute more.
- Add tomatoes, water and pepper. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer 35 – 40 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add salt to taste.
- Use immersion blender to blend soup until just smooth OR working in batches, ladle into blender and blend until smooth. Only fill blender 2/3 full to avoid hot liquid from splashing out.
NUTRITION INFORMATION PER SERVING
© Copyright Christine Mello for Must Love Home. We would love for you to share a link to this recipe but please do not copy/paste the recipe instructions to websites or social media. We are happy for you to share a photo with a link back to this website instead.
If you made this recipe, please leave a comment and rating. I would appreciate the chance to troubleshoot any issues you might have had before you leave the rating!