Slow Cooker Garlic Honey Chicken is tender, slow cooked chicken breasts covered in an addictive sweet and spicy garlic sauce. It’s an amazing st and forget meal!
Slow Cooker Garlic Honey Chicken is the kind of recipe that will have you saying OMG as you devour this amazing shredded chicken smothered in tangy, thick sauce! Trust me – this is good stuff. An hour into cooking this dish my husband Matthew walked into the kitchen wondering what was for dinner because the kitchen smelled amazing. This is high praise from a man of few words whose comments about what I cook for dinner usually range from “it’s good” to “it’s okay”.
This site may contain affiliate links to products. We may receive a commission for purchases made through these links, which helps to keep this content free.
This dish is great served over rice and noodles. I like to shred the chicken when it’s done, but you can also serve it as a whole breast. Just be sure to ladle on lots of sauce! There should be plenty of sauce leftover in the slow cooker to spoon over. I served this right on the plate and used the extra sauce for dipping.You can also make the sauce on it’s own to flavor shrimp, beef or used as an awesome stir-fry sauce. Just throw the sauce ingredients into a saucepan, bring to a boil and then simmer until reduced to the thickness you like.
INGREDIENTS TO MAKE SLOW COOKER GARLIC HONEY CHICKEN
CAN THIS GARLIC HONEY CHICKEN RECIPE BE MADE AHEAD AND FROZEN?
Sure can. This recipe is great for packaging as an uncooked freezer dump recipe and for freezing extra batches of cooked Garlic Honey Chicken.
For Freezer Dump Recipe:
- Place all the ingredients in a plastic freezer bag. Seal and freeze for up to 3 months. When ready to cook, thaw in the refrigerator overnight and cook in the slow cooker as directed.
To Freeze Cooked Slow Cooker Garlic Honey Chicken:
- Allow to chicken and sauce to cool slightly. Transfer to a freezer container, seal and label. Freeze cooked chicken up to 2 months. Reheat thawed meal in the microwave or covered, in a 350 degree oven for 45 – 55 minutes or until heated thru.
Looking for more amazing Slow Cooker recipes? Check out part of my collection here:
- Slow Cooker Mongolian Beef with Broccoli – healthy and better than takeout
- Slow Cooker Chicken Parmesan with Penne Pasta – family pasta meal loaded with cheese
- Slow Cooker Southern Style Ribs – you are in for a baby back treat
- Slow Cooker General Tso’s Chicken – sticky sweet and spicy without standing in line
- Slow Cooker Easy Spaghetti – meaty family meal all in one pot
- Slow Cooker Herb Chicken Noodle – an American classic to satisfy your pasta craving
- Slow Cooker Tuscan Chicken – serve Italian bistro flavor for dinner
- Slow Cooker Garlic Honey Chicken – easy, sweet and savory main dish
Slow Cooker Garlic Honey Chicken
Click highlighted ingredients to buy them!
- Place the chicken in the bottom of the slow cooker. In a medium bowl, mix the honey, soy sauce, Hoisin sauce, sriracha and garlic until combined. Pour over the chicken.
- Set the slow cooker to high, and cook for 3-4 hours until the chicken is full cooked to 165°F.
- Remove the chicken from slow cooker, stir the sauce and allow to keep cooking with the lid off to thicken, about 10 minutes as needed.
- Shred the chicken with 2 forks into bite size pieces. Pour the thickened sauce over the chicken and garnish with sliced green onions, fresh snipped parsley and toasted sesame seeds. (optional).
NUTRITION INFORMATION PER SERVING
© Copyright Christine Mello for Must Love Home. We would love for you to share a link to this recipe but please do not copy/paste the recipe instructions to websites or social media. We are happy for you to share a photo with a link back to this website instead.