Slow Cooker Garlic Honey Chicken – tender, slow cooked chicken breasts covered in a sweet, spicy garlic sauce that will have everyone asking for seconds!
This is the kind of recipe that will have you saying OMG as you taste the shredded chicken smothered in tangy, thick sauce! Trust me – this is good stuff… about an hour into cooking my husband Matthew walked into the kitchen wondering what was for dinner because it smelled amazing. What… did I hear that right? This is high praise from a man of few words whose comments about what I cook for dinner usually range from “it’s good” to “it’s okay”.
If you don’t feel like shredding the chicken, that is fine. Sometimes when I am being lazy I serve this as a whole breast with a baked potato and use the sauce as gravy. Seriously – there have been no complaints here!
There should be plenty of sauce leftover in the slow cooker to spoon over rice or noodles. I served this right on the plate and used the extra sauce for dipping…but that’s just me. This is also a great sauce to make on it’s own…just throw the sauce ingredients into a saucepan, bring to a boil and then simmer until reduced to the thickness you like. Use the sauce to flavor pan fried shrimp or chicken, and it makes a great stir fry sauce for vegetables, too!
I know I’m going on about the sauce…but when garlic and honey are combined, well…to me there is just something magical about it.
Looking for more amazing Slow Cooker recipes? Check out part of my collection here:
Slow Cooker Mongolian Beef with Broccoli – healthy and better than takeout
Slow Cooker Chicken Parmesan with Penne Pasta – family pasta meal loaded with cheese
Slow Cooker Southern Style Ribs – you are in for a baby back treat
Slow Cooker General Tso’s Chicken – sticky sweet and spicy without standing in line
Slow Cooker Easy Spaghetti – meaty family meal all in one pot
Slow Cooker Herb Chicken Noodle – an American classic to satisfy your pasta craving
Slow Cooker Tuscan Chicken – serve Italian bistro flavor for dinner
Slow Cooker Garlic Honey Chicken – easy, sweet and savory main dish
This Slow Cooker Garlic Honey Chicken is tender, slow cooked chicken breasts covered in a sweet, spicy garlic sauce that will have everyone asking for seconds!
- 3 whole chicken breasts
- 3/4 cup honey
- 1 cup soy sauce
- 1/2 cup Hoisin sauce (found in asian aisle of grocery store)
- 2 TBSP Sriracha
- 4 TBSP minced garlic
- sliced green onion, fresh parsley and toasted sesame seeds for garnish (optional)
- Place the chicken in the bottom of the slow cooker.
- In a medium bowl, mix the honey, soy sauce, Hoisin sauce, sriracha and garlic until combined. Pour over the chicken.
- Set the slow cooker to high, and cook for 3-4 hours until the chicken is full cooked (165 F)
- Remove the chicken from the slow cooker, stir the sauce and allow to keep cooking with the lid off to thicken, about 10 minutes as needed.
- Shred the chicken with 2 forks into bite size pieces. Pour the thickened sauce over the chicken and garnish with sliced green onions, fresh snipped parsley and toasted sesame seeds. (optional).
Let’s keep in touch! If you like, follow me on Facebook , Google + and Instagram so we can stay connected!