Creamy Curry Chicken Appetizer – a savory blend of roasted chicken breasts, curry, fruit and nuts. Forget the crackers, this dip is so good that you will want to eat it with a spoon!
Appetizers can make life so much better! Whether you are watching the game on a big screen or just having a few friends over, a tasty app can turn a good time into a great one!
This Creamy Curry Chicken Appetizer, with big chunks of roasted chicken and lots of tangy curry is almost a meal on it’s own! I like to serve it with crackers, but it also works great on a roll as a sandwich.
Talking about appetizers…There is nothing quite like the taste of chicken and curry together. If you have not tried it you are totally missing out! Grab a big spoon and have a taste, or two, before putting the mix into the mold. It will be hard to stop but you can do it! Even though this looks really fancy…notice the little sprig of rosemary I set on top…. it’s an easy appetizer that takes just a few minutes to make! But it will need time to let it chill in the fridge – the longer the better! Make it the day before and you are set!
Ingredients to make Curry Chicken Dip
- Chicken Breasts
- Cream Cheese
- Curry Powder
- Dried Cranberries
Creamy Curry Chicken Appetizer
Click on highlighted ingredients to buy them.
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 6 cups cooked chicken, chopped small
- 2 tsp curry powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 8 ounces crushed pineapple, drained, reserve liquid
- 1 cup roasted almonds, chopped
- 3/4 cup dried cranberries
- Line and 8-9 inch round cake pan or mold with plastic wrap. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, mix together cream cheese, mayonnaise, sour cream, curry powder and salt until well blended. Add in the chicken, pineapple and cranberries. Stir until combined. If mixture is dry, add the reserved pineapple juice one tablespoon at a time until the mixture is moistened, but not wet.
- Spoon into the prepared, plastic lined pan or mold.
- Chill for 4 – 24 hours before serving.
- To serve, invert the mold onto serving plate and carefully remove the plastic. Press chopped almonds into sides of Curry Chicken and on top. Garnish with a sprig of Rosemary.
NUTRITION INFORMATION PER SERVING
© Copyright Christine Mello for Must Love Home. We would love for you to share a link to this recipe but please do not copy/paste the recipe instructions to websites or social media. We are happy for you to share a photo with a link back to this website instead.