Shortcut ingredients like puff pastry, cooked chicken, chive cream cheese and bacon crumbles makes this Chicken Bacon Ranch Tart a quick and simple dinner favorite!
Oh Folks, this is AMAZING stuff! You want to talk about making a quick and easy dinner, this is it! Call it a pizza, pie or tart, it doesn’t really matter because this chicken bacon ranch tart recipe is here, NOW!
Puff pastry is like a gift that keeps on giving. It’s so easy and versatile, I’ve starting using it instead of traditional pie crust for everything I can think of. No mixing, rolling or mess, just open the box and go…perfect every time.
INGREDIENTS FOR MAKING A CHICKEN BACON RANCH TART
We put this recipe together using shortcut ingredients readily available at the grocery, so this tart is super fast and easy to prep.
- Puff Pastry – essential for your super fast dinner tart! Ready to go straight out of the box😁.
- Cooked Chicken – if you don’t have any cooked chicken on hand (leftovers, rotisserie) try frying a chicken breast and cut into small pieces before getting out the dough.
- Bacon Crumbles – we love these pre-cooked crumbles as a super time-saver, but if you prefer to fry your own they’ll be no judgment.
- Chive Cream Cheese – buy a tub of ready-made cream cheese, or you can stir dried chives into a block of softened cream cheese. We love to spread it on thick!
- Ranch Seasoning Mix – we use ALOT of this seasoning in our recipes, so we buy it in the canister. 1 packet = 2 – 3 tablespoons seasoning depending on brand.
- Egg (optional) – for making beautifully golden shiny crust edges.
- Green Onions (optional) – garnish and flavor!
Just look at this tart…the pageantry, the crisp crackling crust, the deliciousness. It’s hard to put into words how tasty this tart is. The only thing I can say is it lasted all of 15 seconds on our table. It was shoveled hand to mouth in no time. It might be a record and that’s saying something in this houseful of grown men.
More Fast and Easy Dinner Recipes
- Easy Italian Panini
- Margherita Flatbread Pizza
- Easy Sheet Pan Sesame Chicken
- One Pan Pepperoni Pizza Pasta
- Easy Italian Chicken Giardiniera
Chicken Bacon Ranch Tart
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- On a sheet of lightly floured parchment paper, roll out puff pastry to 10 x 16 sheet. Transfer dough on the parchment paper to a large, rimmed baking sheet. Use the tip of a knife to mark a 1 inch border around all four sides of rolled pastry, being careful to not cut thru the pastry.
- In a small bowl, add ranch seasoning mix to the cream cheese with chives. Stir until well blended. Use a knife to evenly spread the cream cheese mixture over the dough to the marked border edges.
- Scatter shredded chicken evenly over the cream cheese mixture, all the way to the marked border edges. Fill in space between chicken with bacon pieces. Scatter green onions over the top. In a small bowl, whisk egg until yolk and whites are combined. Use a pastry brush to brush egg wash along marked border dough.
- Transfer pan to preheated oven and bake for 25 – 30 minutes, until pastry is browned and dough is cooked thru.
- Remove from oven and cool 5 minutes on pan set on wire rack. Garnish with additional green onion slices, cut and serve warm.
© Copyright Christine Mello for Must Love Home. We would love for you to share a link to this recipe but please do not copy/paste the recipe instructions to websites or social media. We are happy for you to share a photo with a link back to this website instead.