This easy Slow Cooker Buffalo Chicken Dip requires just minutes of prep, then heats up in the crock pot. Great for game days and parties!
If you love buffalo wings, this Slow Cooker Buffalo Chicken Dip is their cousin, or something like that. There is so much flavor and deliciousness in this dip I think I’m might tear up. Dip is my code word for party, so make this for your next one and hear the crowd cheer!
INGREDIENTS FOR SLOW COOKER BUFFALO CHICKEN DIP
- Cream Cheese – use cream cheese blocks, not whipped cream cheese or a spread.
- Ranch Dressing
- Sour Cream – we used regular fat sour cream for this recipe, but to save some calories, reduced fat is fine.
- Blue Cheese – to make it easy, we used blue cheese crumbles.
- Cooked Chicken – canned chicken is great to keep on hand for making quick appetizers and meals! If you don’t like canned chicken, using a rotisserie chicken is perfect.
- Buffalo Wing Sauce – If you love buffalo chicken wings and want the same flavor, use this classic wing sauce – it’s our favorite brand!
- Cheddar Cheese – shred your own from a block for the smoothest melted cheese!
HOW TO MAKE SLOW COOKER BUFFALO CHICKEN DIP
If you’re looking for a spicy dip that is almost hands-free and completely delicious, this is it. It’s so easy and the best part is that you don’t need to babysit it. I do recommend lot’s of taste testing before serving…because this dip will disappear quickly once you set it out. Trust me…I know about this!
Over the years I’ve picked up a bunch of slow cookers in different sizes. I used a 3-quart cooker like this one to make this dip, but you can make it in a larger one or even in the oven at low heat if you don’t have one.
To start, add all of the ingredients to a large bowl. You can mix it right in the slow cooker, but it can get messy. Turn the slow cooker to low and walk away for 2 hours. Sprinkle green onions, parsley and more blue cheese on top if you want. Serve this dip with scoop chips or crackers.
HOW TO STORE THIS DIP?
- It’s best to eat it right away, but if you have leftovers that have remained hot in the slow cooker, they can be stored for up to 3 days in the refrigerator. It’s best not to keep it any longer than that because it contains chicken.
- If you’ve turned the slow cooker off and the dip has cooled to room temperature while serving, any leftovers (we never have any) should be discarded to be safe.
HOW LONG CAN I LEAVE OUT PARTY DIP?
Dip can be served at room temperature for about 4 hours. If it’s been sitting at room temperature for more than 4 hours, do not store or freeze it. Leftover dip that’s been sitting out that long should be discarded to be safe.
Slow Cooker Buffalo Chicken Dip
- 16 ounce cream cheese softened
- 3/4 cup ranch dressing
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup blue cheese crumbles
- 2 cups cooked shredded chicken
- 3/4 cup buffalo wing sauce
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese divided
- 2 green onion stalks sliced for garnish
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley minced for garnish
- In a large mixing bowl, combine cream cheese, dressing, sour cream, blue cheese, chicken, buffalo sauce and 1 cup of cheddar cheese. Mix well.
- Spray slow cooker with non-stick cooking spray. Scrape dip mixture into slow cooker. Sprinkle with remaining cheddar cheese.
- Cover and cook on low for 2 to 3 hours, until hot and cheese has melted. Garnish with green onions and parsley.
- Serve hot with chips, crackers or celery sticks.
Oven Directions:Preheat the oven to 400°F. Spread the dip mixture into a 9 x 13 baking pan. Sprinkle with remaining cheddar cheese. Bake in the oven for 25 to 30 minutes until hot and bubbling. Garnish and serve hot.
© Copyright Christine Mello for Must Love Home. We would love for you to share a link to this recipe but please do not copy/paste the recipe instructions to websites or social media. We are happy for you to share a photo with a link back to this website instead.
If you made this recipe, please leave a comment and rating below. I would appreciate the chance to troubleshoot any issues you might have had before you leave the rating!