GET THE PARTY STARTED WITH THESE SPICY SLIDERS OOZING WITH MELTED CHEESE AND HOMEMADE BUTTERMILK RANCH DRESSING!
Lately I’ve been trying to create recipes that don’t require me to really cook. I know that sounds odd so let me explain. If you’re like me, your family looks to you to put meals on the table. And doing it day after day can get exhausting. Sound familiar? To help with this, I am trying to devise a plan to cook the main ingredients in bulk. Like the shredded chicken use to make these sliders. I’ll post it all for you when I get it ready.
The Super Bowl is this Sunday…and as much as I love a great game, boy do I look forward to the food. These spicy sliders, dripping with Homemade Buttermilk Ranch Dressing are one of my favorites to serve.
HOW TO MAKE BUFFALO CHICKEN SLIDERS
What makes this recipe easy is using leftover cooked chicken or buying a rotisserie chicken and shredding it. I don’t recommend using canned chicken, but it will work in a pinch.
Preheat the oven to 350°. Separate the slider rolls into top and bottom buns and lay the bottom buns, with sides touching, on a rimmed sheet pan. Sprinkle bun bottoms with half the shredded cheese. (keeps the sauce from soaking the bottom of the buns). Place in the oven for 4 – 5 minutes to lightly toast the bottoms and melt the cheese.
In a medium microwave safe bowl or a saucepan, add the melted butter and the wing sauce. Stir to combine. Fold in the cooked chicken until all of the chicken is coated with sauce. Heat for 2 minutes on high in the microwave, or over medium heat on the stove until chicken is heated thru.
Place a 1/4 cup of the chicken on each bun bottom. Spreading the chicken to bun edges. Sprinkle the remaining 1/2 of the shredded cheese over the chicken.
Replace the top of the bun. Cover pan with foil and bake covered for 20 minutes. Uncover and cook for additional 5 minutes.
Serve warm with ranch dressing. Traditional blue cheese dressing is a great option too!
WHAT SIDES GO WITH BUFFALO CHICKEN SLIDERS
Cool, sweet or potato sides go well with these spicy buffalo sliders. These sides go great with anything BBQ as well.
- Grandma’s Real Southern Baked Beans
- Parmesan Chive Corn on the Cobb
- Classic No Peel Potato Salad
- Crispy Buffalo Potato Wedges
- Cheddar Bacon Ranch Pasta Salad
BUFFALO CHICKEN CHEESE SLIDERS
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- Yield: 12 sliders
- Category: Appetizer
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: American
- 12 slider rolls
- 3 cups cooked shredded chicken
- 1 (12 ounce) bottle buffalo wing sauce
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 3/4 cup ranch dressing
- Preheat the oven to 350°.
- Separate the slider rolls into top and bottom and lay the bottom buns, with sides touching, on a rimmed sheet pan.
- Sprinkle bun bottoms with half the shredded cheese. Place sheet pan in the oven for 4 – 5 minutes to lightly toast the bottoms and melt the cheese.
- In a medium microwave safe bowl or a saucepan, melt the butter then add the wing sauce. Stir to combine. Fold cooked chicken into the sauce mix until the chicken is completely coated.
- Heat for 2 minutes on high in the microwave, or over medium heat in saucepan until chicken is heated thru.
- Place a 1/4 cup of the chicken on each bottom bun. Spread the chicken to bun edges. Sprinkle the remaining 1/2 of the shredded cheese over the chicken.
- Replace the top of the bun. Cover pan with foil and bake covered for 20 minutes. Uncover and cook for additional 5 minutes.
- Remove top and place a tablespoon of ranch dressing on each slider. Serve warm.
Option: Replace ranch dressing for a classic blue cheese and buffalo combination.
Nutrition information includes 1 TBSP ranch dressing per slider.
Reduce calories by using less dressing or substituting low fat or reduced calorie dressing.
Keywords: Buffalo Chicken Sliders