Buffalo Chicken Ranch Cheese Ball is a crowd-pleasing appetizer that does not stick around for long. This spicy, savory pecan coated cheese ball was born to party!
If you love cheese balls for your parties, you are in good company. It’s an easy to make appetizer that everyone loves. The best part is that there’s so many flavors and combinations to make they never get old.
Buffalo sauce and ranch dressing mix so well together in this cream cheese and chicken breast cheese ball you may wonder why you didn’t put them together before. Add a coating of toasted pecans and you have a tasty appetizer ready in minutes. You can also make this a day or two ahead of time and store it tightly wrapped in the refrigerator. The flavor actually improves over time as the flavors have more time to blend.
If you love chicken with your cheesy appetizers, try our popular Creamy Chicken Curry Appetizer – it’s always a hit!
Ingredients to make Buffalo Chicken Ranch Cheese Ball
This cheese ball was made with regular cream cheese, but it can be made with low-fat cream cheese with no loss of flavor! If you like to walk on the flavor wild side, add more buffalo sauce to increase the heat!
What to serve with a cheese ball?
I like to serve party cheese balls with an assortment of dippers like crackers, carrot and celery sticks, pretzel rods or toasted crostini so there’s something for everyone.
Be sure to let the cheese ball sit out for 15 minutes before serving to soften.
Buffalo Chicken Ranch Cheese Ball
Click highlighted ingredients to buy them!
- In a medium bowl, using a hand mixer or by hand, combine the cream cheese and ranch seasoning mix until the seasoning is fully incorporated.
- In a small bowl, combine the chicken and buffalo wing sauce. Add the chicken breast to the cream cheese and combine until chicken is evenly distributed.
- Form the cream cheese and chicken mixture into a ball, wrap tightly in plastic wrap and refrigerate until firm.
- Place the nuts in a shallow dish. Unwrap the cheese ball and place on top of the nuts to coat the bottom of the cheese ball. Using your hands, press the remaining nuts around the cheese ball until the cheese ball is completely coated.
- Serve immediately or wrap tightly and refrigerate. If chilled, allow the cheese ball to soften slightly before serving with crackers, cocktail bread slices or your favorite veggies.
NUTRITION INFORMATION PER SERVING
© Copyright Christine Mello for Must Love Home. We would love for you to share a link to this recipe but please do not copy/paste the recipe instructions to websites or social media. We are happy for you to share a photo with a link back to this website instead.