Pumpkin Slab Pie is just what you need to feed a crowd. Velvety and full of flavor, this is a modern take on a holiday favorite!
We all know that holidays are when all of the old family favorite foods are expected and no one dares to change things up. But you should be safe with this recipe. Really, if you serve it with a cloud of whipped cream on top your family may not know the difference!
Pumpkin Slab Pie
Click on highlighted ingredients to buy them.
- 1-1/2 boxes refrigerated pie dough, from refrigerated or homemade dough, at room temperature
- 3 (15 ounce) cans pumpkin puree, 3 (15-ounce) cans
- 3 large eggs
- 14 ounce sweetened condensed milk
- 1/4 cup brown sugar, packed
- 2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- Lightly flour your surface and unroll 2 of the pie crusts. Place them one on top of the other.Using a rolling pin, roll combined crusts out to a 17×12 inch rectangle. Place in the bottom and up sides of a 15×10 inch sheet pan.
- Unroll 3rd pie crust and using leaf shaped cookie cutters, cut out leaves and place on a baking sheet. Re-roll the dough scraps and continue cutting out leaves until all dough has been used.
- Place the pie crust pan and leaf cutouts pan into the refrigerator while you are preparing the filling.
For the Filling
- In a large bowl, beat the pumpkin, eggs, condensed milk, brown sugar, pie spice and salt until smooth. Spread the mixture into the pie shell and smooth the top.
- Place the leaf cutouts on top and around the edges of the sheet pan.
- Bake 40-45 minutes, until the crust is browned and the filling is set. Cool completely and slice before serving.
NUTRITION INFORMATION PER SERVING
© Copyright Christine Mello for Must Love Home. We would love for you to share a link to this recipe but please do not copy/paste the recipe instructions to websites or social media. We are happy for you to share a photo with a link back to this website instead.
If you made this recipe, please leave a comment and rating. I would appreciate the chance to troubleshoot any issues you might have had before you leave the rating!