Pumpkin Slab Pie is just what’s needed to feed a large crowd. Velvety and full of fall flavors, this is a modern take on a holiday favorite.
We all know that holidays are when all of the old family favorite foods are expected and no one dares to change things up. But you should be safe with this Pumpkin Slab Pie recipe. Really, if you serve it with a cloud of whipped cream on top your family may not know the difference!
Part of the charm of this pie are the decorations. Think of a slab pie as a canvas to decorate for the occasion, like with these little baked leaf cutouts. They were simple to make using leaf pie crust cutters.
INGREDIENTS TO MAKE A PUMPKIN SLAB PIE
This pie is so easy to make with pre-made dough and simple pantry ingredients.
- Refrigerated Pie Dough
- Pumpkin Puree
- Sweetened Condensed Milk
- Brown Sugar
- Pumpkin Pie Spice
HOW TO MAKE A PUMPKIN SLAB PIE
This pie is made in 2 easy steps. First the pie dough is rolled out. One box of dough is rolled out and 2 sheets are set in the sheet pan, and a third sheet of dough is cut into leaf shapes.
Second, the filling is mixed and poured onto the dough crust. Once it’s smoothed, top with the unbaked leaf cutouts in a configuration you like. Bake the pie and allow to cool before serving.
MORE PUMPKIN DESSERT IDEAS
- Make Ahead Pumpkin Pie
- Easy Brandy Pumpkin Pie Recipe
- Pumpkin Walnut Bread Pudding
- Brown Sugar Pumpkin Cheesecake
Pumpkin Slab Pie
Click highlighted ingredients to buy them!
- 1-1/2 boxes refrigerated pie dough, from refrigerated or homemade dough, at room temperature
- 3 (15 ounce) cans pumpkin puree, 3 (15-ounce) cans
- 3 large eggs
- 14 ounce sweetened condensed milk
- 1/4 cup brown sugar, packed
- 2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- Lightly flour your surface and unroll 2 of the pie crusts. Place them one on top of the other.Using a rolling pin, roll combined crusts out to a 17×12 inch rectangle. Place in the bottom and up sides of a 15×10 inch sheet pan.
- Unroll 3rd pie crust and using leaf shaped cookie cutters, cut out leaves and place on a baking sheet. Re-roll the dough scraps and continue cutting out leaves until all dough has been used.
- Place the pie crust pan and leaf cutouts pan into the refrigerator while you are preparing the filling.
For the Filling
- In a large bowl, beat the pumpkin, eggs, condensed milk, brown sugar, pie spice and salt until smooth. Spread the mixture into the pie shell and smooth the top.
- Place the leaf cutouts on top and around the edges of the sheet pan.
- Bake 40-45 minutes, until the crust is browned and the filling is set. Cool completely and slice before serving.
NUTRITION INFORMATION PER SERVING
© Copyright Christine Mello for Must Love Home. We would love for you to share a link to this recipe but please do not copy/paste the recipe instructions to websites or social media. We are happy for you to share a photo with a link back to this website instead.