Super Easy Pumpkin Walnut Bread Pudding recipe with pumpkin puree and loaded with walnuts and raisins. Simple to make and perfect for breakfast, brunch or dessert!
We love bread pudding! Pretty much any kind, as long as it’s sweet. This recipe for Easy Pumpkin Walnut Bread Pudding is a riff on a favorite I have been making for my family for years. And talk about versatile – it is delicious with maple syrup breakfast, with a spoon of creme fresh for brunch or whipped cream for dessert! Why limit yourself…have it anytime.
Bread pudding is one of those dishes that has been around forever, but you don’t see much anymore. It’s like a forgotten classic. I was in that camp until one day digging thru old boxes I found the recipe for Grandma’s Secret Recipe Bread Pudding. It was dated from the Great Depression, where no food could afford to be wasted, which makes sense since the main ingredient is stale bread. Let me tell you, my boys went crazy for it!
HINTS FOR MAKING THE BEST EASY PUMPKIN WALNUT BREAD PUDDING
- Use a day old bread loaf. Fresh bread has too much moisture still in it and won’t absorb the wet ingredients.
- For this recipe I find that canned 100% pumpkin puree works best because the moisture level is perfect,but homemade will work too. DO NOT use pumpkin pie filling.
- Beating the egg whites separately results in a lighter egg mixture and fluffier bread pudding. Skip this step for a denser bread pudding.
- For more spice, try adding a little ground ginger!
- I like to use a springform pan for bread pudding to be able to slice it like a cake and the ease of getting it out of the pan.
Hungry for more Bread pudding recipes? You might like:
Craving more? Subscribe to MUST LOVE HOME , to get new recipes, our Newsletter , offers and updates delivered straight to your inbox.! Let’s stay connected… follow MUST LOVE HOME on FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM | PINTEREST | TWITTER .Print
Super Easy Pumpkin Walnut Bread Pudding recipe flavored with pumpkin puree and loaded with walnuts and raisins. Simple to make and perfect for breakfast, brunch or dessert!
- 4 cups cubed Italian bread
- 3/4 cup raisins
- 1/2 cup + 3 tablespoons chopped walnuts
- 4 cups 2% milk
- 2 cups pumpkin puree
- 4 large eggs, separated
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon pumpkin pie spice
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp kosher salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray 9 inch springform pan with cooking spray, Set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine bread cubes, raisins and nuts. Set aside.
- In another large bowl, whisk together milk, pumpkin, egg yolks, brown sugar, pumpkin spice, vanilla and salt.
- With an mixer, beat egg whites until stiff peaks are formed. Gently fold egg whites into pumpkin mixture until incorporated.
- Pour egg mixture over bread mix and toss to coat. Let sit for 5 minutes, tossing occasionally until bread is soaked with egg mixture.
- Scrape into the greased pan and top with remaining nuts.
- Bake on center rack of 350 degrees oven for 1 hour or until golden. Knife inserted in center should come out clean.
- Let cool for 15 minutes before removing from the pan.
- Serve with maple syrup, whipped or ice cream (optional)
Bread pudding can also be baked in 9 x 13 inch or similar size pan.
Whole milk may be substituted for 2%.
Either light or dark brown sugar can be used for this recipe.
Keywords: easy bread pudding, pumpkin bread pudding, pumpkin puree