Add amazing flavor to your fall recipes with this simple pumpkin pie spice blend of cinnamon, ginger,cloves, nutmeg and allspice.
HOMEMADE PUMPKIN PIE SPICE RECIPE
If you’re obsessed with all things pumpkin spice, feed it by learning to make your own Homemade Pumpkin Pie Spice recipe. This easy recipe uses five common spices to make the most delicious blend for your Fall treats. This is one of my favorite kitchen time-saving tricks – having my favorite recipe spice blends stashed on the shelf – all I have to do is measure it out.
To make it easy, I mix up the spice right in a 4-ounce mason jar. Then I type out a label (nice and legible) and stick it on. Now it’s ready for the spice rack or cabinet.
This site may contain affiliate links to products. We may receive a commission for purchases made through these links, which helps to keep this content free.
INGREDIENTS TO MAKE THIS RECIPE
You can make this Homemade Pumpkin Pie Spice Recipe from a combination of Cinnamon, Ginger, Cloves, Nutmeg and Allspice. These are everyday spices found in the baking aisle of the grocery store.
- Cinnamon – comes from the bark of trees of the genus Cinnamomum. There’s some controversy over what is the best cinnamon, the most common commercial cinnamon being from the Cinnamomum Cassia tree. My favorite to use for making sweets is Saigon Cinnamon, from the species Cinnamonum Loureiori. It’s flavors are know to hold up well during baking.
- Ginger – zesty herb native to southeastern Asia.
- Cloves – sweet aromatic spice to compliment your baked goods and savory meat dishes.
- Nutmeg – cultivated in many parts of the world, this spice has a warm, slightly sweet taste and pungent fragrance.
- Allspice – comes from the dried, unripe berries of the pimento tree. It has a distinctive flavor resembling a blend of cloves, nutmeg, cinnamon and pepper. It’s name comes from it’s aroma, which is a combination of spices.
TOOLS TO MAKE THIS RECIPE:
MORE POPULAR SPICE BLENDS YOU MIGHT WANT TO TRY:
- Homemade Apple Pie Spice
- Homemade Taco Seasoning
- Homemade Sloppy Joe Seasoning Mix
- Homemade Barbecue Seasoning Mix
- Fajita Seasoning Mix
Homemade Pumpkin Pie Spice Recipe
Add amazing flavor to your fall recipes with this simple pumpkin pie spice blend.
Click highlighted ingredients to buy them!
- Mix together all ingredients until well blended.
- Transfer to a glass container and store in a cool, dark and dry place for up to 6 months.
NUTRITION INFORMATION PER SERVING
© Copyright Christine Mello for Must Love Home. We would love for you to share a link to this recipe but please do not copy/paste the recipe instructions to websites or social media. We are happy for you to share a photo with a link back to this website instead.
If you made this recipe, please leave a comment and rating below. I would appreciate the chance to troubleshoot any issues you might have had before you leave the rating!