Creamy Mushroom Farfalle Pasta is a simple, easy to make meatless Italian dinner of mushrooms, scallions and seasonings tossed with noodles in a creamy parmesan sauce. The bow-tie shaped pasta is perfect to catch all the rich and garlicky cheese sauce!
Looking for a quick meatless pasta dish that is full of flavor and totally easy to make? This Mushroom Farfalle Pasta has got you covered! If you love mushrooms as much as I do, you won’t be able to get enough of this stuff! Honest✋!
I love this super simple pasta recipe that you can serve it as is, without any meat or you can add in protein, if you like. It’s a perfect dish to use up leftover chicken, veggies or shrimp. Just heat them up and stir right in. If you’re planning on lots of add-ins, you might want to use more cream and parmesan so everything gets nicely coated with sauce.
HOW TO MAKE MUSHROOM FARFALLE PASTA
This garlic herb pasta dish couldn’t be easier to make. It’s great for weeknights when your in a hurry to get supper on the table or anytime you want to make an easy and delicious creamy pasta meal without meat.
INGREDIENTS TO MAKE MUSHROOM FARFALLE
- Farfalle Pasta (aka Bowtie)
- Mushrooms – I used sliced white button mushrooms for this recipe, but have made it with cremini mushrooms too.
- Whipping Cream – Heavy cream is good here because it will thicken into sauce without adding any flour or cornstarch.
- Green Onions (Scallions)
- Minced Garlic
- Dried Thyme Leaves – adds a warm, woody and minty flavor to cooked dishes.
- Parmesan Cheese
This recipe is made in just 3 easy steps. Supper is ready in minutes.
- Cook the noodles according to the package direction. I like to cook them “al dente” or until just a little bit firm.
- Saute the mushrooms, onions and spices in hot butter until tender.
- Toss the mushroom mixture with cream, parmesan cheese and parsley. Dinner’s served!
WHAT IS FARFALLE PASTA?
Farfalle means “butterflies” in Italian, so it get’s it’s name from the pasta shape. it’s also commonly known as Bow-Tie pasta, for the same reason.
Farfalle is great for pasta dishes with cream or tomato based sauces, because the noodle shape has lots of grooves and spaces for thick sauces to ride along to your mouth. And that’s just what you want when choosing which pasta to use for your saucy dish.
For a gluten-free option, just use your favorite gluten-free pasta,
SIDES TO SERVE WITH MUSHROOM FARFALLE
- Bread – Garlic bread or warm bread and butter are a must!
- Salad – make a bright green salad like our Copycat Olive Garden Salad .
- Vegetable Side – try our Honey Dill Glazed Carrots. They’ll brighten up any plate.
MORE PASTA DINNER IDEAS
- Smoked Sausage Italian Pasta Skillet
- Easy One Pot Beef Stoganoff
- One Pan Chicken Pepperoni Pizza Pasta
- Chicken Cordon Bleu Penne Pasta
- New Orleans Sausage Alfredo
Creamy Mushroom Farfalle Pasta
Click on highlighted ingredients to buy them.
- Cook farfalle according to package directions. Drain, reserving 1 cup pasta liquid.
- In a large saucepan melt butter over medium-high heat. Add mushrooms, onion, garlic, thyme, salt and pepper. Cook 8 – 10 minutes until vegetables are tender and any liquid has evaporated. Remove from heat.
- Add mushroom mixture, whipping cream, cheese and parsley to pasta, toss to coat. Thin sauce with reserved pasta liquid as needed. Add salt and pepper to taste. Garnish with additional parsley and parmesan.
NUTRITION INFORMATION PER SERVING
© Copyright Christine Mello for Must Love Home. We would love for you to share a link to this recipe but please do not copy/paste the recipe instructions to websites or social media. We are happy for you to share a photo with a link back to this website instead.
If you made this recipe, please leave a comment and rating. I would appreciate the chance to troubleshoot any issues you might have had before you leave the rating!