Smoked Sausage Italian Pasta Skillet, with corn, green bell peppers and tasty red sauce that’s an easy, 30 minute family dinner.
If you’ve been looking for a quick and tasty dinner recipe using smoked sausage, like this Smoked Sausage Pasta Skillet, you’ve come to the right place.
Our world has been a lot different since Matthew was laid off and started a new career as a truck driver. One big change we’ve been dealing with has been the belt tightening of our grocery budget. (Honestly, I could use a little actual belt tightening, but this was NOT how I planned to do it!) Anyway, making meals from food that’s in-season and on-sale is one thing I’m doing to help our budget. So…when smoked sausage is on sale, I stock up.
Smoked sausage and polska kielbasa are great for my super easy New Orleans Sausage Alfredo or Asian Barbecue Sausage Bites and I’m always on the lookout for new ways to use it. Because it’s pre-cooked, smoked sausage dishes cook up super fast and just the smell of the smoked sausage cooking will bring the guys rushing to the kitchen! Even though they’re all grown up now, that still makes me smile!
This site may contain affiliate links to products. We may receive a commission for purchases made through these links, which helps to keep this content free.
INGREDIENTS TO MAKE SMOKED SAUSAGE ITALIAN PASTA SKILLET
- Rotini Pasta – or your favorite pasta variety. I like using pasta that has lots of surface area to hold the sauce, like Rotini, Rigatoni or Ziti.
- Smoked Sausage
- Minced Garlic
- Green Bell Pepper
- Marinara Sauce – I like this Fat-Free variety because smoked sausage already contains plenty of fat, but feel free to use your own favorite pasta sauce.
- Italian Seasoning
- Mozzarella Cheese
MAKE AHEAD SMOKED SAUSAGE ITALIAN PASTA
If your pressed for time, and who isn’t these day, you can assemble this dish ahead of time and bake it later. You can also freeze the baked dish, in a freezer safe pan, tightly covered in foil or plastic, for up to 2 months.
- To make ahead: follow the recipe steps, right up to adding the cheese on top. Cover tightly and refrigerate for up to 2 days. Wait to sprinkle on the cheese until just before you put the pan in the oven. Bake as directed.
- Cast Iron Skillet – goes from stove top to oven for one-pan cooking ease!
- Pasta Pot – super handy to boil and drain in the same pot! Let’s you avoid the steam!
Smoked Sausage Pasta Skillet Dinner
Click highlighted ingredients to buy them!
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Cook pasta to desired tenderness. Drain and set aside to cool.
- While pasta is cooking, heat a large oven-proof skillet over medium-high heat. Add Sausage and cook until the edges start to crisp. Add garlic, green pepper and onion. Lower heat to medium and saute vegetables until tender, 4 – 5 minutes.
- Stir in corn, cooled pasta, sauce and Italian seasoning and 1 cup of cheese. Sprinkle with remaining cheese.
- Bake on center rack of oven for 10 minutes until cheese is melted and sauce is bubbly.
NUTRITION INFORMATION PER SERVING
© Copyright Christine Mello for Must Love Home. We would love for you to share a link to this recipe but please do not copy/paste the recipe instructions to websites or social media. We are happy for you to share a photo with a link back to this website instead.
If you made this recipe, please leave a comment and rating. I would appreciate the chance to troubleshoot any issues you might have had before you leave the rating!