Honey Dill Glazed Carrots – a sweet and savory dish that will be sure to have everyone eating their vegetables – and ready in minutes!
Carrots were once considered a necessary evil in my house. Getting the kids to eat their carrots was always a struggle until I discovered this amazing Honey Dill Glazed Carrots recipe. It was life changing! Okay, maybe I exaggerate a little, but mealtimes with carrots become downright pleasant!
Looking for more delicious vegetable side dish recipes? Check out part of my collection here:
Parmesan Chive Corn on the Cob – bursting with buttery flavor
Honey Glazed Butternut Squash Recipe – star of the table
Orzo with Snap Peas and Peanuts – protein and fiber rich
Creamed Cauliflower – tasty mashed potato alternative
Quinoa Vegetable Medley – with a splash of tangy Balsamic
Basil Corn Cakes – top with Maple Bacon Butter
Here is what you will need:
2 Pounds Baby Carrots
2 T Butter
2 T Honey
1/4 cup packed Brown Sugar
2 T fresh dill, large mince
salt and pepper to taste
To start, just get out a large skillet and put the carrots in. Then fill up the skillet with water to just cover the carrots. Bring to a boil over high heat, then reduce to a fast simmer. Let the carrots cook until the water is gone. The carrots will be fork tender. Add the butter, honey and brown sugar to the skillet. Stir until the ingredients have made a glaze that coats all of the carrots. Sprinkle on the dill and gently toss. Add salt and pepper to taste and you are now ready to serve. It is that easy.
Honey Dill Glazed Carrots
Honey Dill Glazed Carrots are perfect as an everyday side dish, but fancy enough for entertaining.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Total Time: 25 minutes
- Yield: 8 servings
- Category: Side Dish
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: American
- 2 Pounds Baby Carrots
- 2 T unsalted butter
- 2 T Honey
- 1/4 cup packed brown or coconut sugar
- 2 T fresh dill, large mince
- salt and pepper to taste
- In a large skillet, place the carrots with enough water to just cover the carrots. Bring to a boil over high heat, then simmer until all of the water has evaporated, approximately 20 minutes.
- When the skillet is almost dry,turn off the heat and add the butter, honey and brown sugar. Stir with the carrots until the sugar has dissolved.
- Sprinkle the dill over the carrots and toss until evenly distributed.Serve hot!
Brown or coconut sugar can be increased to 1/2 cup for a sweeter glaze.
- Serving Size: 1/4 pound carrots
Keywords: carrots, vegetarian, paleo, real food, dill, baby carrot