Copycat Olive Garden Salad is a true take on the original recipe with fresh lettuce greens, roma tomatoes and pepperoncini peppers. Served family style with House Italian Dressing, just like the restaurant!
I know, I know…lot’s of things say they taste just like the original…but there are no secret ingredients in this Copycat Olive Garden Salad Recipe…just an easy mix of flavors! Tossed and served up in a wooden serving bowl, it is hard to tell from the real thing! The best part is that all of the ingredients are easy to find at the grocery store. So they’re no excuses if you are craving this salad.
I actually got this recipe from a friend who worked at olive garden and made up the vats of salad they served every day at her restaurant. It’s a simple salad, but the combination of the ingredients is so good together!
For the full eating out effect, whip up a pot of Copycat Olive Garden Minestrone Soup to go with!
OLIVE GARDEN SALAD DRESSING
One of the things that makes this salad so crave worthy is the Italian salad dressing. It’s got a smooth, mild flavor that you just know isn’t your regular oil, vinegar and seasonings. It’s mello compared to many Italian dressings, without any overpowering vinegar flavor. Adding just three ingredients – mayonnaise, sugar and parmesan cheese – to classic Italian dressing makes this version the gold standard.
WHAT TO SERVE WITH GARDEN SALAD
- Roasted Tomato Soup
- Kicked Up Three Bean Ham Soup
- Curry Lentil and Coconut Soup
- Best Ever Chicken Salad Sandwich
- Easy Italian Panini
Copycat Olive Garden Salad Recipe
Click on highlighted ingredients to buy them.
For the Salad
- 4 cups mixed lettuce leaves
- 2 medium Roma Tomatoes, seeds removed, sliced lengthwise and in wedges
- 1 small red onion, sliced very thin
- 6 medium mild Pepperoncini peppers, about 6
- 6 medium black olives, sliced
- 1 cup croutons
- Garnishes: Fresh shaved Parmesan, Olive Garden House Italian Dressing, Fresh ground pepper
- In a large bowl, toss all of the salad ingredients until well blended.
- Place all dressing ingredients in a food processor and pulse until blended and smooth. OR whisk vigorously until well mixed.
- Pour 1/2 cup dressing over salad and toss. Serve family style, topped with grated Parmesan cheese and fresh cracked black pepper.
- Refrigerate remaining dressing in a sealed container for up to 1 month.
NUTRITION INFORMATION PER SERVING
© Copyright Christine Mello for Must Love Home. We would love for you to share a link to this recipe but please do not copy/paste the recipe instructions to websites or social media. We are happy for you to share a photo with a link back to this website instead.