Lime Marinated Chicken Tacos are grilled, lime marinated chicken breasts stuffed into crunchy taco shells, loaded with your favorite toppings and spritzed with more lime. A fresh and flavorful addition to your Taco Tuesday lineup!
These are not your everyday chicken tacos, they are spicy with the citrus tang of lime. Marinating the chicken in a combination of lime juice and taco seasoning for a few hours before grilling will result in velvety tender chicken breasts infused with a South of the Border flavor.
Lime Marinated Chicken makes a beautiful main dish for any weeknight or weekend meal. Serve them with black beans and mexican chorizo rice to make it real Tex-Mex night!
A favorite garnish for Lime Marinated Chicken Tacos is my Perfect Pico De Gallo. With rich Roma tomatoes,red onions and jalapenos, try it piled high on your tacos.
Ingredients to make Lime Marinated Chicken Tacos
- Chicken Breasts – purchase them whole or already trimmed into cutlets.
- Taco Seasoning Mix – store-bought or Homemade Taco Seasoning Mix
- Taco Shells – I like to use the shells that stand on their own. It makes filling them extra easy.
Tip – pack the chicken breasts in a bowl or plastic bag to keep the chicken breasts touching during marinading in the refrigerator. This helps to infuse the flavors throughout the meat.
Do I need a grill to make Lime Marinated Chicken Tacos
Sure don’t. After marinating, the breasts can be cooked on the grill, in a grill pan on the stove or baked in the oven for 30 minutes at 375 F. My favorite indoor way to cook these is on a George Foreman grill.
Be sure that any way you cook the chicken, the breasts need to get to a 165 F degree internal temperature on a meat thermometer.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE
Lime Marinated Chicken Tacos
Click highlighted ingredients to buy them!
- 3 chicken breasts, halved lengthwise
- 2 tbsp taco seasoning , or 1 packet
- 1 medium lime
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 12 medium taco shells
- Pico De Gallo, lettuce, sour cream, shredded cheese, taco sauce
- Half the chicken horizontally with a sharp knife into chicken cutlets. Sprinkle both sides of each chicken piece with half the salt and pepper. Squeeze the juice from 1/2 of the lime onto chicken, then sprinkle chicken with 1/2 of the taco Seasoning. Turn the chicken over and repeat on the other side. Pile the chicken breasts into a medium bowl, cover and refrigerate for at least 3 hours.
- Preheat grill or grill pan. Cook chicken approximately 4 minutes on each side, until reaching 165°F degrees internally. Remove and cover with foil. Allow chicken to rest 5 minutes then cut into small bite-size pieces.
- To assemble, fill bottom of each taco shell with chicken pieces, then add a squeeze of lime juice. Top with garnishes and enjoy!
NUTRITION INFORMATION PER SERVING
© Copyright Christine Mello for Must Love Home. We would love for you to share a link to this recipe but please do not copy/paste the recipe instructions to websites or social media. We are happy for you to share a photo with a link back to this website instead.
Post and photos updated 3/9/2020