Lime Marinated Chicken Tacos – Turn your ordinary chicken into a Tex-Mex flavor explosion using lime!
Marinating the chicken in a combination of lime juice and taco seasoning for a few hours before grilling will result in velvety tender chicken breasts infused with a South of the Border flavor. These are not your everyday chicken tacos, they are spicy with the citrus tang of lime. A favorite garnish for Lime Marinated Chicken Tacos is my Perfect Pico De Gallo. With rich Roma tomatoes,red onions and jalapenos, try it piled high on your tacos.
Lime Marinated Chicken makes a beautiful main dish for any South of the Border meal. Serve them with black beans and mexican rice for a full meal.
Pack the chicken breasts in a bowl or plastic bag to keep the chicken breasts touching during marinading. This helps to infuse the flavors throughout the meat.Print
Lime Marinated Chicken Tacos are a perfect meal for everyday. The meat can be prepared a day ahead and reheated for easy, delicious tacos anytime.
- 5 chicken breasts, halved lengthwise
- 3 tablespoons Taco Seasoning Mix
- 1 fresh lime
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 12 taco shells
- Garnishes – Pico De Gallo, lettuce, sour cream, shredded cheese, taco sauce
- On wax paper,lay out flat the 10 chicken breast halves (from the 5 you cut in half). Working on one side at a time, sprinkle chicken with half the salt and pepper, distributing evenly. Squeeze the juice from 1/2 of the lime onto chicken, then sprinkle chicken with 1/2 of the taco Seasoning. Turn the chicken over and repeat on the other side. Pile the chicken breasts into a medium bowl, cover and refrigerate for at least 3 hours.
- After chicken has marinated, you are ready to cook the chicken. Preheat your grill to medium. When grill is ready, cook chicken breasts approximately 4 minutes on each side, until reaching 160 degrees internally. Remove from the grill and cover with foil.
- Allow chicken to rest for 5 minutes under foil.
- To cut chicken for tacos take each chicken breast piece and slice, creating long, thin slices of marinated chicken.
- To assemble, fill each taco shell with desired amount of meat. Squeeze additional lime juice on meat as desired. Top with garnishes of your choice and enjoy!
This marinade also works well with Shrimp or beef