Easy Cucumber Tomato Salad is a super healthy side dish made with crisp cucumbers, tomatoes, red onion and parsley, then drizzled with a homemade sweet and sour maple dressing.
Looking for a salad to serve with any meat or pasta dish? This one is fresh, healthy, totally amazing and takes less than 10 minutes to make including the tasty dressing!
Cucumber, tomatoes, onion and parsley….a couple handfuls of each and your salad is ready. A quick maple dressing softens the veggies and adds AMAZING flavor. Let the dressing sit on the salad for 10 minutes then toss again for marinated cucumber tomato salad.
Ingredients to make this easy cucumber tomato salad:
- English Cucumber – we love to make it easy by buying an English cucumber (or Persian cucumber) the kind wrapped in plastic with no seeds.
- Cherry tomatoes – round cherry tomatoes are what we used for this salad, but grape tomatoes are perfect too!
- Red Onion – peel and slice thin. Red onions are the sweetest of the onion family, adding just a little heat to this salad. Hate onion…leave it out!
- Olive oil – we used a light extra virgin olive oil for our dressing.
- Red Wine Vinegar – be sure to use a good quality vinegar for the best dressing. Apple Cider vinegar is a great substitute.
- Maple Syrup – pure maple syrup was used for our dressing. Maple pancake syrup can be used in a pinch. It’s the maple flavor and sweetness we are after.
Salad flavor add-ins:
Throw in some crisp bacon pieces, ham cubes, nuts and seeds or parmesan cheese (we did) for a heartier salad.
Make it festive by topping with wonton strips, crispy onions, chow mein noodles or goldfish crackers. The crunchy bits will be everyone’s favorite part of the salad!
MORE HEALTHY SALAD IDEAS
- Easy Crunchy Cabbage Salad
- Cold Noodle Broccoli Spinach Salad
- Greek Farro Tomato Salad
- Honey Pepper Ramen Noodle Salad
- Nutty Quinoa Kale Superfood Salad
Cucumber Tomato Salad with Dressing
For the Salad
- 1 pound cherry tomatoes halved, about 2 cups
- 1 medium English cucumber peeled and cubed, about 2 cups
- 1/2 medium red onion thinly sliced, about 1/2 cup
- 1/4 cup chopped parsley
For the Dressing
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 3 tbsp maple syrup plus extra to taste
- 1/8 tsp ground black pepper more to taste
- 1/8 tsp salt more to taste
- In a large bowl, toss all of the salad ingredients until well blended.
- Place all dressing ingredients in a small bowl and whisk until smooth. Pour dressing over salad and toss. Let sit 5 minutes to lightly marinade salad before serving.
- Refrigerate remaining salad in a covered container for up to 3 days.
© Copyright Christine Mello for Must Love Home. We would love for you to share a link to this recipe but please do not copy/paste the recipe instructions to websites or social media. We are happy for you to share a photo with a link back to this website instead.