Easy Crunchy Cabbage Salad is a cold and crisp side dish made with dried cranberries, almonds, and sunflower seeds for extra crunch! Make it irresistible with a drizzle of apple cider vinegar dressing!
We are loving the warm weather…and that craving for a cold salad has HIT! Crunchy, savory, with tons of interesting taste in every bite…this salad definitely has all that…and more. Drizzle on this bossy tangy dressing and the flavors light up your mouth in every way. It’s just so freaking good…kind of like a salad and almost a slaw.
We are munching this salad tonight with some amazing chicken wings, but it’ll go with anything. Add some cooked chicken or shrimp right in the salad for a total meal!
Tips For Making Easy Crunchy Cabbage Salad
- Keep it simple – use bagged coleslaw mix, with a mixture of cabbage and carrots, as the base for the salad. Just open the bag and pour in. It saves a lot of chopping time and there’s no waste.
- Try to use add-ins that are roughly the same size (or cut them into the same size). You’ll get amazing flavor and texture with every bite.
- Measure the oil and vinegar right in the measuring cup, then add in the sugar and a splash of soy sauce. I have a cute mini whisk to whip the dressing, but use a fork if that’s what you have.
- Pour over half the dressing and toss to coat. I am loving kitchen tongs for this job! Let the cabbage start to soften for a minute, then add more dressing until the ingredients are coated to your liking.
- Some of the dressing might settle to the bottom of the bowl, so keep those tongs handy for a final toss right before serving.
Don’t be afraid to try new combinations. There are no rules when it comes to flavor for your salad. Here are two you can try…we did… and they’re fantastic!
- Give your salad a Thai spin by substituting chopped peanuts for the almonds and adding a teaspoon each of peanut butter and lime juice to the dressing.
- A late summer cabbage salad loves chopped apples and walnuts. Just omit the almonds and sunflower seeds. You’ll be thinking sweaters and football.
More Cold Salad Ideas To Love
- Easy Chop Salad
- Cold Noodle Broccoli Spinach Salad
- Greek Farro Tomato Salad
- Amazing Jalapeno Popper Salad
- Copycat Olive Garden Salad
Easy Crunchy Cabbage Salad
- 16 ounce coleslaw mix
- 3 stalks green onions sliced thin
- 1/3 cup sunflower seeds
- 1/3 cup toasted sliced almonds
- 1/3 cup dried cranberries
- In a large bowl toss coleslaw mix ,green onions, sunflower seeds, almonds, and cranberries.
- In a small bowl, whisk oil, soy sauce, vinegar and sugar until well combined and sugar is dissolved
- Drizzle the dressing over the coleslaw mixture, tossing gently until salad ingredients are evenly coated.
- Cover and refrigerate until served.
- Refrigerate leftovers in covered containers for up to 3 days.
© Copyright Christine Mello for Must Love Home. We would love for you to share a link to this recipe but please do not copy/paste the recipe instructions to websites or social media. We are happy for you to share a photo with a link back to this website instead.