Simple and refreshing, this creamy dill dip is ready in minutes. Dill dip pairs well with any vegetables, crackers or chips!. And it’s Low Carb too!
When you want a tasty dip that is easy and quick to make, Creamy Dill Dip has you covered. This is the kind of dip that goes with almost anything. One of our favorite ways to eat it is with crackers and veggies, but it’s also a great plain mayo substitute on burgers and sandwiches. How about as a fry dipping sauce? Like I said, the sky’s the limit on how a zesty dill dip can be served.
Made with only sour cream, mayonnaise and spices, this creamy dill dip is naturally low in carbs. Add it to beaten eggs to make Creamy Dill Scrambled Eggs, or stir into a bowl of roasted broccoli and cauliflower, top with nuts and you have a tangy side dish. It will add so much flavor to any savory dish you make.
Over the past summer, there was so much going on at the house that making meals or keeping a dinner schedule was next to impossible. Between putting in new hardwood floors upstairs, the hubby going back to school, a huge landscaping project and my son’s thriving law practice, we hardly saw each other, let alone had dinner together. My answer to dinnertime was to use dill dip as a base for tuna and chicken salads. Open a pouch of tuna or a can of chicken, add a few spoonfuls of dill dip to it and you have an excellent meat based salad for sandwiches or just scooped on top of a green salad. Quick, easy and delicious!
IT’S NOT JUST A DIP – TASTY WAYS TO USE CREAMY DILL DIP:
- Use dill dip instead of mayonnaise to make tuna and chicken salad.
- Mix dill dip into cooked egg yolks for fresh and zesty deviled eggs.
- Spoon over fresh cooked fish for zippy flavor.
- Add a few tablespoons of milk and pour over green salad as a dressing
- Make dill dip the centerpiece of your deli tray.
- Use dill dip instead of eggs to dip chicken before breading
- Drizzle dip dip over baked potatoes for an herb flavored twist
Craving more? Subscribe to MUST LOVE HOME , to get new recipes, our Newsletter , offers and updates delivered straight to your inbox.! Let’s stay connected… follow MUST LOVE HOME on FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM | PINTEREST | TWITTER .Print
Simple and refreshing, this creamy dill dip is ready in minutes. Dill dip pairs well with any vegetables, crackers or chips!
- 1 cup regular or light mayonnaise
- 1 cup regular or reduced fat sour cream
- 1–1/2 tablespoons dried dill
- 2 teaspoons dried parsley flakes
- 2 teaspoons dried minced onion
- 1 teaspoon dried chives
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- pinch of ground cayenne
- In a medium bowl, stir in all ingredients until well combined.
- Cover and refrigerate at least 2 hours before serving to allow flavors to blend.
- Store leftovers tightly covered in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks.
Note – check expiration date on sour cream. Do not store or use past that date.
Keywords: dill dip, dill sauce, appetizer,mayonnaise