Easy Egg Dill Crostini Appetizer is so simple you will feel like you are cheating! Only 4 ingredients and 15 minutes to make appetizers for a crowd! Great for holiday parties!
Holiday entertaining can be tough for anyone, especially if it is your job to prepare the food. With all of the partying going on, no one wants to be stuck in the kitchen. That is where this super simple recipe comes in. Easy Egg Dill Crostini Appetizer will serve a crowd and take just minutes to make.
This recipe is really just a start for building any delicious crostini appetizer. Change up the toppings, add roasted red pepper instead of dill. Use cream cheese instead of herbed goat cheese. Add your own favorite herbs. The sky is the limit!
Any way that you make them, make more than you think you will need. At our house, these are the first apps to go. No one can resist the crunchy toasts with topping. I usually buy two loaves that I have sliced by the bakery. It is a great time-saver to bake them a few hours ahead of time and add the toppings right before serving.
WHY IS IT CALLED CROSTINI?
Crostiniis an Italian word meaning “little toasts”. Crostini are small thin slices of toasted bread usually brushed with olive oil and served with toppings as an appetizer. They are sometimes confused with bruschetta, which are usually larger and thicker slices of bread, an italian loaf vs french, and drenched in olive oil and garlic.
WHAT OTHER TOPPINGS CAN I USE TO MAKE CROSTINI?
Try other savory combinations like brie and roasted red peppers. Cream cheese, pepper jelly and pecans are another delicious combination!
Guest will love sweet crostini too! Make crostini topped with melted cheddar and cinnamon apple slices, or cream cheese, strawberry jelly and toasted walnuts.
Craving more? Subscribe to MUST LOVE HOME , to get new recipes, our Newsletter , offers and updates delivered straight to your inbox.! Let’s stay connected… follow MUST LOVE HOME on FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM | PINTEREST | TWITTER .Print
Try Easy Egg Dill Crostini Appetizer for your next get together. So simple you will feel like you are cheating! Only 4 ingredients and 15 minutes to make appetizers for a crowd!
- 4 large eggs, hard boiled
- 1 loaf french bread
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 6 ounce herbed goat cheese
- 1 tbsp fresh dill
Make the Eggs:
- Place your eggs in a pot and cover with cold water by 2 inches.inch. Add a teaspoon of table salt to the water.
- Bring water to a boil over medium-high heat, set timer and allow to boil for 8 minutes.
- Drain water, then shock eggs by adding cold water to the pan. Allow eggs to sit in water until just cool enough to handle.
- Meanwhile, slice french bread into 24 thin slices (or buy pre-sliced).
- Crack egg shell lightly on hard surface and peel.
- Slice eggs into thin round slices.
To Make the Crostini Toasts:
- Preheat oven to 425°. Slice bread into 1/2 inch thick slices (24 or more depending on loaf size).
- Brush olive oil on both sides of bread slices. Place in a single layer on baking sheet.
- Bake 6 – 8 minutes, turning once, until golden. Cool on rack.
Assemble the Crostini:
- Spread softened goat cheese on each bread slice (about 1 tablespoon).
- Top with eggs slice and a sprinkle of dill.
Keywords: egg appetizer, dill appetizer, goat cheese bruschetta, goat cheese appetizer