This silky smooth Instant Pot Thai Carrot Soup, with peanut butter, coconut milk and vegetable stock is light, spicy and naturally a little bit sweet. It’s low calorie and everything you want in healthy soup.
This Thai Instant Pot Carrot Soup is such an easy dish to make. It’s a perfect soup served cold by the pool or served warm for a relaxing summer supper.
With your Instant Pot, there’s no need to heat up the stove or watch the pot. All the ingredients cook together to make a super tasty and versatile carrot soup. It’s awesome for make ahead (the flavors deepen as they blend) and for freezing.
HOW TO MAKE THAI INSTANT POT CARROT SOUP
If you’ve been searching for an quick soup that tastes AMAZING served either hot or cold…this is it! Let me tell you…the Instant Pot makes this one really too easy!
- Throw all of the ingredients in the Instant Pot. Turn it on and manually set the timer to 15 minutes on High Pressure. Cook then naturally release the steam for 10 minutes.
- Grab your immersion blender and blend the soup until it’s smooth. OR transfer batches to your blender and pulse until smooth.
- Ladle into bowls and garnish with chopped peanuts and cilantro. Serve hot or cold!
INGREDIENTS NEEDED TO THAI INSTANT POT CARROT SOUP
- Radishes – peppery flavor that is a perfect onion substitute in soup.
- Vegetable Broth – veggie broth keeps this Vegan, or use chicken broth if you want.
- Coconut Milk – half and half will work too.
- Peanut Butter – an essential flavor for this recipe!
- Chili Garlic Sauce – a pantry must-have if you like the heat! We used just a little in this soup, but an extra teaspoon or two will really turn things up.
- Coconut Sugar – has a bright coconut smell and sweet nutty taste. Use granulated sugar or honey if you don’t have it or want to buy any.
MORE FLAVORFUL SOUP IDEAS
- Curry Lentil Coconut Soup
- Copycat Olive Garden Minestrone Soup
- Instant Pot Mexican Chicken Soup
- Healthy Mushroom Soup
Thai Instant Pot Carrot Soup
- 1 pound carrots peeled and chopped
- 1 cup radishes chopped
- 3 cloves minced garlic
- 1-1/2 cups vegetable stock
- 14 ounces coconut milk
- 1/4 cup peanut butter smooth or chunky
- 1 tsp chili garlic sauce
- 1 tbsp coconut sugar
- salt and pepper to taste, chopped peanuts and cilantro for garnish
INSTANT POT INSTRUCTIONS:
- Place all ingredients in the bottom of Instant Pot insert. Turn Instant Pot to High Pressure and use manual (+/-) buttons to set the timer to 15 minutes. Set pressure release value to Sealing. When done, allow pot to natural release for 10 minutes. Turn valve to Venting to release any residual steam, check that pressure valve had dropped and open lid carefully.
- Use an immersion blender to blend soup until smooth, or transfer to a blender in batches and pulse soup util smooth.
- Garnish with chopped peanuts and serve warm.
- Saute the radishes and garlic in one tablespoon of oil until softened. Add carrots, vegetable stock, coconut milk, chili sauce and coconut sugar. Bring to a boil then reduce heat to a simmer. Cook 20 – 25 minutes until carrots are soft, Add the peanut butter and stir until melted. Use an immersion blender and blend until smooth, or transfer in batches to a blender and pulse until smooth. Garnish and serve warm.
© Copyright Christine Mello for Must Love Home. We would love for you to share a link to this recipe but please do not copy/paste the recipe instructions to websites or social media. We are happy for you to share a photo with a link back to this website instead.