An earthy, full of flavor soup, made with a combination of mushrooms, vegetables, seasonings and broth is just right for the start of Fall. Pair this Healthy Mushroom Soup with a crusty loaf of No Knead Bread to soak up every last drop.
All around the world, soup is the language of comfort food. From Mushroom Soup and classic Tomato Soup, spicy soup recipes to mild, there is nothing like a hot bowl of soup to warm you down to your toes and make the day just a little better. It’s even better when that cup of soup, like this Healthy Mushroom Soup Recipe is full of flavor, packed with nutrients and is low calorie.
ARE MUSHROOMS GOOD FOR YOU?
Mushrooms are packed with good-for-you nutrients. Besides being a great source of fiber and protein, mushrooms are also a super anti-inflammatory food. They’re full of antioxidants, B vitamins, selenium for your liver and Vitamin D, which a lot of adults are deficient in. With almost no fat or carbs and only 15 calories per cup, mushrooms are a smart food choice for anyone on a low carb or low calorie diet.
This site may contain affiliate links to products. We may receive a commission for purchases made through these links, which helps to keep this content free.
INGREDIENTS TO MAKE HEALTHY MUSHROOM SOUP
- Minced Garlic – stash some organic minced garlic n the fridge for anytime a recipe calls for garlic.
- Vegetable Broth – great tasting organic broth and larger size for making large batches of sauces and soups
- Worcestershire Sauce
HOW TO STORE HEALTHY MUSHROOM SOUP
Mushroom soup can be stored in the refrigerator, in an airtight container, for up to 2 days. The taste deepens as the mushroom flavor steeps into the broth.
CAN YOU FREEZE MUSHROOM SOUP?
Yes, you can. Allow the prepared soup to cool completely, then ladle into freezer-safe containers or bags. Leave at least an inch at the top of containers to allow for expansion as the soup freezes. Will keep frozen for up to 2 months. Thaw in the refrigerator before re-heating.
HEALTHY MUSHROOM SOUP RECIPEPrint
An earthy, full of flavor soup, made mushrooms, vegetables, seasonings and broth that’s perfect for a cozy lunch or dinner!
- 3 Tablespoons unsalted butter, divided
- 1/2 cup carrots, diced
- 1/2 cup celery, diced
- 1 medium yellow onion, diced
- 1 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 8 ounces white mushrooms, sliced
- 16 ounces cremini mushrooms, sliced
- 5 cups vegetable broth
- 1 tablespoon worcestershire sauce
- In a large pot, over medium-high heat, melt 2 tablespoons butter. Add in carrots, celery and onions. Saute until just starting to soften, about 3 – 5 minutes. Add mushrooms, garlic and remaining butter. Continue cooking until mushrooms are tender, another 3- 5 minutes.
- Add broth and worcestershire sauce to mushroom mixture. Stir. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat, then reduce heat and simmer, uncovered, for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Serve hot.
© Copyright Christine Mello for Must Love Home. We would love for you to share a link to this recipe but please do not copy/paste the recipe instructions to websites or social media. We are happy for you to share a photo with a link back to this website instead.
If you made this recipe, please leave a comment and rating below. I would appreciate the chance to troubleshoot any issues you might have had before you leave the rating!