Copycat Olive Garden Minestrone Soup is hearty, delicious and tastes just like the original! It’s healthy, vegetarian and low calorie too!
This is the Copycat Olive Garden Minestrone Soup Recipe that everyone has been waiting for. Minestrone soup made from this easy recipe tastes just like the original, maybe even better. . With a savory flavor and mouth-watering aroma, this soup is perfect to serve to your hungry family anytime. I got this recipe from a friend of a friend of a friend, who said she got it from a chef that works in the restaurant.
Besides the amazing flavor, this soup is good for you, is vegetarian and is perfect for using up leftover veggies.
This recipe is one of Olive Garden’s best kept secrets. Anyway I got it, it tastes A LOT like the original restaurant version!
Copycat Olive Garden Minestrone Soup is an amazing vegetarian soup that is hearty, delicious and tastes just like the original! It’s low calorie too!
- 3 Tablespoons Olive Oil
- 1 cup minced onion, about 1 medium
- 1 cup thin sliced zucchini, about 1 medium
- 1 12oz bag frozen Italian cut green beans
- 1/4 cup minced celery, about 1 stalk
- 1 1/2 Tablespoons minced garlic, about 4 cloves
- 4 cups vegetable broth, do not substitute chicken or beef broth
- 2 15oz cans kidney beans
- 2 15 oz cans Great Northern beans
- 1 14oz can diced tomatoes, drained
- 1 Tablespoon tomato paste
- 1/2 cup shredded carrots
- 2 teaspoons dried parsley flakes (or 2 tablespoons minced fresh)
- 1–1/2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 3 cups hot water
- 4 cups fresh baby spinach
- 1/2 cup small shell pasta
- Heat olive oil over medium heat in large pot.
- Saute onion, celery, garlic, green beans and zucchini in oil for abut 5 minutes or until onion become translucent.
- Add vegetable broth to the pot, also add drained tomatoes, tomato paste, beans, carrots, hot water and spices.
- Bring the soup to a boil and then reduce heat and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Add spinach leaves and pasta to the pot and simmer for an additional 20 minutes.
- Allow to simmer an additional 5-10 minutes for a thicker consistency.
Note – use reduced-sodium vegetable broth and omit salt to reduce sodium content
Serve with a salad and crusty bread for a perfect weeknight meal.