Sweetheart Chocolate Bark with Graham Crackers is a fun to make Valentine dessert or snack made with layers of crispy graham crackers, chocolate, and candy pieces. It’s the perfect sweet for your sweetheart.
Friends, this Valentine bark is my new favorite treat. I say that a lot and apparently after eating three pieces I have no self-restraint either, but these are darn good. They’re a total sugar-high love fest. Layers of graham crackers, dark bittersweet chocolate and candy coating. Oh, my! Think fudge covered graham cookies made by the elves covered with more candy and chocolate. It’s totally addictive.
HOW TO MAKE SWEETHEART CHOCOLATE BARK
This irresistible and fun candy bark is a cinch to make. Get the kids to help…they’ll love it. This is what you’ll need:
- Dark Chocolate – I used bittersweet chocolate squares. If you are using chocolate chips which contain stabilizers (to keep the chip shape) you may need to add a teaspoon of shortening to get it to melt smooth without burning.
- Bright Pink, Light Pink and White Candy Melts – I used melting wafers.
- Graham Crackers – this recipe required about a half of a 14 ounce box of graham crackers.
- Assorted Coated Chocolate Candies and Sprinkles – M&M in red, pink and white, valentine heart sprinkles and metallic coated mini malted milk balls make up the candy topping in the photos. I chopped up some of the M&M’s for variety.
Get started by lining a rimmed baking sheet with parchment. You don’t have to, but it keeps any rogue chocolate that went off the sides of the graham crackers from sticking to the pan. It’s not going in the oven, so I clipped the corners with clothespins to keep it in place.
Line up the graham crackers with sides touching. This will be the base for the bark.
Melt the chocolate in the microwave (or over a double boiler if you don’t have one), stirring until smooth. If the chocolate is really hot and thin, let it cool for a minute or two before pouring it over the crackers. I like to use an offset spatula (frosting spatula) to spread out the chocolate into thin layer. It doesn’t have to be perfect. This bark is kinda rustic anyway. Pop the pan in the fridge for 10 to 15 minutes to harden the chocolate.
Repeat the melting steps for the bright pink candy layer. Spread in a thin layer over the chocolate.
Tip – melted candy wafers will harden quickly, so you’ll need to work fast.
Melt the light pink and white wafers in the microwave, and drizzle over the bright pink layer, creating any lines and swirls that look good to you. Add the candy toppings and sprinkles while the drizzled candy is still soft so it sticks. Press larger pieces down into the candy so they will hold. This is the part that the kids will love to help with!
Set them out on a tray and watch them disappear or bag them in cellophane and give as a gift!
HOW TO STORE CHOCOLATE BARK
Once the bark is set and has been broken into pieces, place in an air-tight container and store in a cool, dry place or on the counter for up to two weeks. The container should be out of direct sunlight to avoid melting the chocolate inside. Ideally, the container should be stored at room temperature (70°F) but can be refrigerated. If stored in the refrigerator, remove from refrigerator and allow chocolate bark to come to room temperature before serving.
MORE VALENTINES DAY SWEET IDEAS:
- Flourless Chocolate Cake with Cherries
- Valentine Glam White Chocolate Fudge
- Chocolate Lovers Fruit Dip
- Baked Valentine Cherry Donuts
- Balsamic White Chocolate Stuffed Strawberries
Sweetheart Chocolate Bark with Graham Crackers
Click on highlighted ingredients to buy them.
- 7 ounces graham crackers, about 14 large crackers
- 8 ounces bittersweet chocolate pieces, about 2 cups
- 2 cups bright pink candy melts
- 1 cup light pink candy melts
- 1/4 cup white candy melts
- 1/2 cup assorted candy coated chocolate candies
- Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper, overlapping the edges and clipping at the corners to hold it in place. Lay down graham crackers to cover the bottom of the pan.
- Add chocolate pieces to medium microwave-safe bowl. Cook on High for 1 minute. Stir. Continue cooking in 15 second intervals, stirring each time until chocolate is melted and smooth. Spread chocolate over graham crackers, smoothing into even layer. Place pan in refrigerator for 15 minutes to set.
- In medium microwave-safe bowl, repeat the melting steps for the bright pink candy melts. Spread candy over cooled chocolate layer into an even layer.
- Melt light pink candy melts using microwave method. Drizzle over bright pink layer creating lines and swirls. Repeat steps for white candy melts.
- Top with candies and sprinkles. Allow to fully set then break into pieces.
- Store in sealed container for up to two weeks on the counter.
NUTRITION INFORMATION PER SERVING
© Copyright Christine Mello for Must Love Home. We would love for you to share a link to this recipe but please do not copy/paste the recipe instructions to websites or social media. We are happy for you to share a photo with a link back to this website instead.