Chocolate Lovers Fruit Dip is a cool and creamy treat made with melted chocolate, cocoa, cream cheese and luscious whipped cream. This delicious chocolate dip is great for parties, dessert or after school snacks!
This Chocolate Lovers Fruit Dip is a dip that is so good, and fluffy and creamy that you might not give a fig about the fruit. You’ll want to serve it with a spoon instead. Kids and adults alike love it because…well…who can resist chocolate? And you can smugly pat yourself on the back because you got the kids to eat fruit! It’s a win-win folks.
The secret to making this irresistible chocolate dip is using 2 kinds of chocolate. Chocolate chips add great flavor, but the cocoa powder gives it the WOW factor! I used dutch-process cocoa powder for it’s deep, rich flavor.
How to Make Chocolate Lovers Fruit Dip
This simple recipe takes just minutes to make with only 6 ingredients. Serve it with fruit and cookies, or use it as frosting on baked desserts.
Ingredients to make Chocolate Lovers Fruit Dip
- Chocolate Chips – milk chocolate or dark chocolate will work equally fine here.
- Cream Cheese – full fat cream cheese is the way to go for this dip!
- Powdered Sugar – powdered sweetener is key for this recipe. Granulated sweetener will not dissolve well and gives the dip a grainy texture.
- Unsweetened Cocoa Powder – both natural or Dutch-process cocoa powder are good here.
- Heavy Cream
- Vanilla Extract
I like to serve chocolate dip with an array of fresh fruit for dipping like berries, kiwi, grapes and cherries. You could go wild and throw vanilla wafers or shortbread cookies on the tray for real decadence! It’s awesome that a handful of simple ingredients and 5 minutes can create such a fun and tasty treat. This dip is great for birthday parties, family gatherings and holiday events.
Loving dessert dips? Be sure to try our Cherry Cheesecake Yogurt Dip too!
- Glass Mixing Bowls – you can’t go wrong with these classic glass mixing bowls.
- Electric Hand Mixer – Comes with a whisk attachment!
- Copper Measuring Spoons and Cups – invest in a good quality set. My favorite are copper. Their weight makes them easier to hold.
Chocolate Lovers Fruit Dip
Click on highlighted ingredients to buy them.
- In a large bowl, beat whipped cream until soft peaks form. Add 1/4 cup powdered sugar and beat until stiff.
- Place chocolate chips in microwave-safe bowl and cook on High for 30 second intervals until melted, stirring after each interval until chocolate is warm enough to melt any remaining lumps. Set aside to cool slightly.
- In medium bowl, beat cream cheese, 3/4 cup powdered sugar, cocoa powder and vanilla until fluffy. Pour in melted chocolate and beat until well combined.
- Gently fold the whipped cream into chocolate mixture. Continue folding until completely combined and no white streaks remain. Spoon into serving dish.
NUTRITION INFORMATION PER SERVING
© Copyright Christine Mello for Must Love Home. We would love for you to share a link to this recipe but please do not copy/paste the recipe instructions to websites or social media. We are happy for you to share a photo with a link back to this website instead.
If you made this recipe, please leave a comment and rating. I would appreciate the chance to troubleshoot any issues you might have had before you leave the rating!