Easy Smooth Romesco Sauce with roasted red peppers. tomato, almonds and garlic. A bold snappy sauce perfect for pasta, chicken, eggs and more.
This super easy sauce is JUST what you need RIGHT NOW! Cool, delicious and totally goes with everything!
Talk about inspiration! My intro to Romesco Sauce was at Founding Farmers in DC. They serve an amazing appetizer called “Breads, Chips, Crisps”. It’s an enormous basket of toasted breads, kettle chips and crackers served with a combo of four dipping sauces including romesco sauce, pimento, green goddess and onion dip. Totally inspired mouth-shoveling time!
HOW TO MAKE YOUR ROMESCO
Let’s get some of this amazing Romesco Sauce right now. It’s just too good to take a pass on!
If you have a food process or blender, then you’re all set!
Drop these ingredients into your whirling blade appliance of choice, give it a few pulses and you’re good to go! Taste and add salt and pepper to satisfy your taste. Then use a spatula to scrape out every last bit of enjoyment!
- Roasted Red Peppers – you can make your own, or go the easy route with jarred ones. We use the ones packed in water to keep down the calories and fat.
- Diced Tomatoes – yes, you can use those beautiful ripe tomatoes from your garden! Don’t be shy, you should be proud. Or plop in a can of diced tomatoes with the juice.
- Almonds – we used sliced almonds to add flavor and texture. They also help to thicken up the sauce. Raw or roasted, either are fine…use what you love!
- Garlic – drop in whole cloves…or use pre-minced.
- Olive Oil – just a splash to make it super creamy! Love, love!
- Red Wine Vinegar – adds tang and brings out the flavor of the tomatoes. Use sherry or rice vinegar if you prefer those.
- Parsley – a small handful adds just enough fresh herb flavor.
Plop everything into the food processor and give it a few pulse until it’s as creamy as you like. Romesco Sauce = just too easy!
We like ours pretty smooth – which makes it nice to spread on veggie sandwiches. I was patting myself on the back about making solid food choices, until I grabbed the chips to go with my sammy. Dang.
WAYS TO USE ROMESCO
Romesco Sauce is amazing on just about everything. Try it smeared on brauts, drizzled on chicken breasts, put a healthy schmear on sandwiches and burgers or use it plain as a dip.
More Tasty Sauce Ideas
Smooth Romesco Sauce
Click highlighted ingredients to buy them!
- Place all the ingredients in a food processor or blender. Pulse until smooth or leave a little texture if that grabs you. Taste and add a little more salt or olive oil to your liking.
- Serve hot or cold as a sauce for pasta, over chicken, as a dip for crackers…whatever you dream of.
NUTRITION INFORMATION PER SERVING
© Copyright Christine Mello for Must Love Home. We would love for you to share a link to this recipe but please do not copy/paste the recipe instructions to websites or social media. We are happy for you to share a photo with a link back to this website instead.