Quick French Onion Dip is amazingly easy to make with only 3 ingredients. One you taste this onion dip recipe, you will NEVER want the store bought kind again!
The party season is here, so how great is it to have an amazing dip recipe that you can whip up in just minutes. This French Onion Dip only takes 3 ingredients, and is so much better than the tubs of ready made dips found at the store. Serve with chips, veggies or crackers and you can get the party started!
Onion Dip made with soup mix has been around for a long time. When I was a kid, my mom would make up a big batch of this for our annual New Years Eve party. And when I lived on a military base and my husband’s troops came over for our summer cookouts, they would call me beforehand and request this dip! That’s how I know it’s just as good when making one batch, or throwing down a vat of 5X that amount for our guests. Don’t even get me started on how many bags of chips we went thru!
Tips for Making the best Quick French Onion Dip:
- For the best results, use either regular or reduced fat sour cream. The taste and consistency are not the same using fat-free sour cream.
- If the dip is still too thick after a few hours curing in the fridge, stir in more milk, a tablespoon at a time, until the dip is how you like it.
- Use a high quality onion soup mix and check the label for sodium content if you are salt sensitive.
Some people may say that this is not “homemade” because it is made with onion soup mix. Okay, it is not strictly homemade. But it is creamy and delicious and does not come rock hard in a tub and have to be broken up before it can be eaten. And that’s good enough for me!
Craving more? Subscribe to MUST LOVE HOME , to get new recipes, our Newsletter , offers and updates delivered straight to your inbox.! Let’s stay connected… follow MUST LOVE HOME on FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM | PINTEREST | TWITTER .Print
Quick French Onion Dip is amazingly easy to make with only 3 ingredients – and so much better than store bought!
- 1 package onion soup mix, dry (approx. 1 ounce)
- 16 ounces reduced fat sour cream
- 2 tablespoons 2% or whole milk
- In a medium bowl, mix all ingredients until combined.
- Cover bowl and refrigerate for 2 hours. Stir before serving.
Regular fat sour cream may be substituted for the reduced fat.
Use low-sodium onion soup mix if you are salt-sensitive.
Keywords: onion dip. soup mix, sour cream. appetizer, party dip