Easy Lime Cream Sauce – Cool and creamy, this crazy good sour cream and lime sauce adds so much fresh flavor to Southwest dishes with only 3 easy ingredients.
Add some pizzazz to your tacos, burritos, nachos and every other Southwest dish you make with Easy Lime Cream Sauce. It’s sooo tasty that once you try it there’s no going back to plain sour cream.
Around our house, we have some kind of Mexican meal at least once a week. I keep a stash of Slow Cooker Shredded Chicken in the freezer to make quick taco and burrito meals. But let’s face it, it can get old. This sauce will make your dishes taste new again and only takes about 5 minutes to make. You can’t go wrong!
I got the idea for this lime cream from a local Mexican restaurant that serves a chunky lime salsa with their tacos. It’s totally tasty but just a little too much lime for my picky eaters. This easy lime sauce is subtle but still packs in the flavor.
HOW TO MAKE EASY LIME CREAM SAUCE
In a few minutes this sauce is ready to drizzle (or spoon) over tacos, burritos, nachos and every other dish you can think of.
INGREDIENTS TO MAKE LIME CREAM
- Sour Cream – I like to make this with reduced fat sour cream to reduce the calories but regular sour cream is good too.
- Lime – fresh lime juice and zest are essential for this recipe!
- Garlic Powder – powder, granules and garlic flakes are all perfect to use. You can substitute fresh minced garlic, but the garlic flavor will be more intense.
* Tip -I didn’t include salt in the ingredient list or even an amount to use in the recipe because the finished cream should be salted to your taste after it’s mixed. The sodium in sour cream varies depending on whether you’re using the regular, light or fat-free variety, with fat-free generally having the most sodium. So grab the salt shaker after the cream is mixed and add it little by little until you are satisfied with the saltiness.
MAKE THE SAUCE
Honestly, it just takes a few minutes to make and will transform whatever you drizzle it over.
Place the ingredients in a small mixing bowl and whisk to combine. I use a mini whisk to quickly combine sauce ingredients right in the serving bowl.
You May Also Like
Easy Lime Cream Sauce
- 8 ounce sour cream regular or reduced fat
- 1 medium lime zested and juiced
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- salt to taste
- In a small bowl, mix sour cream, 1 tsp lime zest, 1 tablespoon lime juice and garlic powder. Stir until well combined.
- Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour to let flavors blend, or can be used immediately.
© Copyright Christine Mello for Must Love Home. We would love for you to share a link to this recipe but please do not copy/paste the recipe instructions to websites or social media. We are happy for you to share a photo with a link back to this website instead.
If you made this recipe, please leave a comment and rating. I would appreciate the chance to troubleshoot any issues you might have had before you leave the rating!