7 Minute Yum Yum Sauce – it’s just like the sauce from Japanese hibachi restaurants! And it is SO SIMPLE to make. Try it spooned over grilled chicken, veggies, fried rice, as an awesome dip, spread on sandwiches and more.
If you have ever been to a Japanese hibachi restaurant, you probably know what Yum Yum Sauce is. It’s that slightly pink, rich and delicious sauce that is used on everything from chicken, steak and rice to grilled veggies. To not be confusing, it’s also known as Japanese White Sauce or Sakura Sauce. You just know this is good stuff when the chef asks if anyone wants more Yum Yum Sauce and the entire group gathering around your grill shoots their hands in the air. Hallelujah!
This sauce is addictive. This is backed up by my boy’s choice for any meal out is a pretty much only restaurants that serve Yum Yum Sauce. And they put it on everything! If we are being honest here, I pour it over my entire plate too. It is TOO GOOD not to! I think we love the sauce more than the meal itself.
Yum Yum Sauce is amazing on so many things! Try this recipe as a super tasty alternative to your regular veggie or chip dip recipe. It’s so easy to make at home you can have this amazing sauce on everything you want. We like it on Easy Fried Rice and Sweet and Soy Chicken. How about spreading it on grilled burgers, to kick up the flavor on your BLT, or drizzled over sauteed green beans? YUM!
This site may contain affiliate links to products. We may receive a commission for purchases made through these links, which helps to keep this content free.
Is Yum Yum Sauce Low Carb?
Yes, it has only .6 net carbs per serving (1 tablespoon) and 53 calories. Yum Yum Sauce is delicious to use on meats or anything else on your low-carb diet! If you replace the sugar with no-calorie sweetener, the net carbs are virtually zero!
Reasons to love this 7 Minute Yum Yum Sauce recipe:
- Amazing flavor and only takes 7 minutes!
- Family tested – kid approved.
- Versatile – great as a sauce, dip or spread
- Economical – makes over a cup of sauce for less than half of store bought.
Want more condiment recipes:
- Homemade Buttermilk Ranch Dressing
- Zesty Tomatillo and Lime Sauce
- Garlic Dill Aioli
- Tangy Blueberry Barbecue Sauce
- Classic Barbecue Sauce
- More Appetizer Recipes…
Hungry for more Asian inspired recipes? You may like these:
- Easy Fried Rice – Serve with lettuce wraps for a complete meal
- Sweet and Soy Chicken – pan seared chicken Heaven!
- Instant Pot Orange Chicken – sweet,sticky and better than take-out
- Pork and Vegetable Ponzu Fried Rice – savory, sweet with a hint of citrus
7 MINUTE YUM YUM SAUCE
Click on highlighted ingredients to buy them.
- Into a medium bowl, add the mayonnaise, tomato paste, spices and melted butter and whisk to combine. Add the water to the mixture and continue whisking until smooth.
- Cover and chill for at least 2 hours before serving to allow the flavors to blend.
NUTRITION INFORMATION PER SERVING
© Copyright Christine Mello for Must Love Home. We would love for you to share a link to this recipe but please do not copy/paste the recipe instructions to websites or social media. We are happy for you to share a photo with a link back to this website instead.