7 Minute Yum Yum Sauce – it’s just like the sauce from Japanese hibachi restaurants! And it is SO SIMPLE to make. Try it spooned over grilled chicken, veggies, fried rice, as an awesome dip, spread on sandwiches and more.
If you have ever been to a Japanese hibachi restaurant, you probably know what Yum Yum Sauce is. It’s that slightly pink, rich and delicious sauce that is used on everything from chicken, steak and rice to grilled veggies. You just know this is good stuff when the chef asks if anyone wants more Yum Yum Sauce and the entire group gathering around your grill shoots their hands in the air. Hallelujah!
This sauce is addictive. This is backed up by my boy’s choice for any meal out is a pretty much only restaurants that serve Yum Yum Sauce. And they put it on everything! If we are being honest here, I pour it over my entire plate too. It is TOO GOOD not to! I think we love the sauce more than the meal itself.
Yum Yum Sauce is amazing on so many things! Try this recipe as a super tasty alternative to your regular veggie or chip dip recipe. Or how about as a spread on grilled burgers, to kick up the flavor on your BLT, or drizzled over sauteed green beans. YUM!
Did I mention that Yum Yum Sauce can be a delicious sauce to use on meats or anything else on your low-carb diet? Just leave out the sugar or replace it with no-calorie sweetener.
Reasons to love this 7 Minute Yum Yum Sauce recipe:
- Amazing flavor and only takes 7 minutes!
- Family tested – kid approved.
- Versatile – great as a sauce, dip or spread
- Economical – makes over a cup of sauce for less than half of store bought.
Hungry for more Asian inspired recipes? You may like these:
- Easy Fried Rice – Serve with lettuce wraps for a complete meal
- Sweet and Soy Chicken – pan seared chicken Heaven!
- Instant Pot Orange Chicken – sweet,sticky and better than take-out
- Pork and Vegetable Ponzu Fried Rice – savory, sweet with a hint of citrus
7 Minute Yum Yum Sauce – just like the sauce from Japanese hibachi restaurants! And it is SO SIMPLE to make. Try it spooned over grilled chicken, veggies, fried rice, or as an awesome dip!
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon tomato paste
- 1/8 teaspoon salt (optional)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon melted unsalted butter
- pinch of cayenne
- 1/4 cup water
- Into a medium bowl, add the mayonnaise, tomato paste, spices and melted butter and whisk to combine.
- Add the water to the mixture and continue whisking until smooth.
- Chill for at least 2 hours before serving to allow the flavors to blend.
Keywords: yum yum sauce, japanese, recipe, hibachi, mayonnaise, low carb