Peppermint Chocolate Sugar Cookie Cups – Tender sugar cookie cups brimming with chocolate ganache filling and crushed peppermint sprinkles! Three holiday favorites in one delicious treat!
Welcome to Day 2 of Must Love Home’s Countdown To Christmas Cookie Extravaganza!
You are going to love making peppermint chocolate sugar cookie cups. The sugar cookie dough is very soft and workable, and it’s rolled into balls with your hands. They make a fab presentation on your cookie tray with a tender sugar cookie outside and rich chocolate ganache center!
Let’s look back at the first recipe we shared in our super-sized countdown:
How To Make Peppermint Chocolate Sugar Cookie Cups
This is what we call an all-star cookie recipe. Sugar cookie dough, chocolate ganache and peppermint candy. Great on their own, but together they rise to a whole new level. The best part how simple the cookie cups are to make. The dough is just rolled in your hands and placed in a mini muffin tin for baking. The hard part is not eating all of the creamy chocolate filling before it gets into the cups!
This recipe comes together in four basic steps:
- Mixing the dough.
- Making the sugar cookie cups.
- Prepping the chocolate.
- Filling the cups and sprinkling with crushed peppermint.
Cream the butter and sugar until light and fluffy. It’s usually about 2 – 3 minutes, but can vary depending on the softness of the butter and room temperature. After adding the remaining ingredients, you will have a soft, workable dough. Roll into 1-1/2 balls and press into a mini muffin tin.
Make cookie cups by pressing down the center of the partially baked dough with the round bottom of a spoon. The round bottom of a tablespoon measure, like this copper measuring spoon set, works especially well.
What is Must Love Home’s Cookie Extravaganza?
It’s our first year of counting down the days until Christmas with the most deliciously easy cookie recipes to celebrate the holidays. For 8 straight days, we’ll be sharing fun, mouth-watering recipes that are perfect for beginners as well as experienced bakers, using just simple pantry ingredients.
Chocolate Peppermint Sugar Cookie Cups
Click on highlighted ingredients to buy them.
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1-1/4 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 2/3 cup cream
- 2 tbsp granulated sugar
- 1-1/2 tbsp unsalted butter
- 1 cup dark chocolate, chopped
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup peppermint candies, crushed
Bake the Cookie Cups:
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Set aside mini-muffin pan for baking.
- In medium bowl, sift together flour, baking soda and salt.
- In large bowl, beat sugar and butter until light and fluffy, about 2 minutes. Beat in eggs one at a time, then vanilla. Gradually stir in flour mixture until just combined.
- Roll dough into 1-inch balls and press into ungreased mini-muffin wells. Bake 8 – 10 minutes until center of dough is puffed up. Remove from oven and press down center of each dough with round spoon. Return to oven and bake 2 minutes more. Cool 5 minutes in pan then carefully remove cups to a wire rack to cool completely.
Make the Filling:
- Add cream and sugar to medium saucepan. Bring to just boiling, with ring of bubbles forming around edge of pan. Remove from heat, Stir in butter, chocolate and salt.
- Spoon filling evenly into cooled cookie cups. Sprinkle with crushed candy. Refrigerate until set for 1 – 2 hours.
NUTRITION INFORMATION PER SERVING
© Copyright Christine Mello for Must Love Home. We would love for you to share a link to this recipe but please do not copy/paste the recipe instructions to websites or social media. We are happy for you to share a photo with a link back to this website instead.
If you made this recipe, please leave a comment and rating. I would appreciate the chance to troubleshoot any issues you might have had before you leave the rating!