Raspberry Pecan Swirl Cookies are easy recipe sugar cookies swirled with raspberry jam and pecans. Perfect for holidays and gift giving!
Welcome to Day 3 of Must Love Home’s Countdown To Christmas Cookie Extravaganza with Raspberry Pecan Swirl Cookies! These addictive shortbread cookies, swirled with raspberry jam and chopped nuts will definitely become a holiday fav. Who could resist? If they last long enough, try dipping these crisp cookies in your morning coffee…yum!
Let’s take a look back at the scrumptious holiday cookie recipes we’ve published so far for the countdown:
These tasty shortbread cookies will surely be a favorite on your cookie tray.
How to Make Raspberry Pecan Swirl Cookies
There are three easy steps to today’s cookie. I’ve included photos of the steps so you can see exactly how everything should look, spilled flour and all!
- Mix the shortbread dough.
- Roll out dough, spread with jam and nuts, roll up into a log.
- Slice and bake.
My favorite trick for dry ingredients is using a sieve. You can mix and sift at the same time. Measure the flour, salt, baking powder, etc into the sieve, stir together then sift right into the mixing bowl.
The dough will be nice and soft after combining. Scoop up the dough and flatten into a disk.
Roll out the dough between two sheets of parchment paper to 1/8-inch thick. Using pre-cut sheets not only saves you the grief of trying to get parchment paper off the roll to lay flat, but acts like a template for the size to roll out the dough.
Once the dough is rolled out, spread with raspberry jam and chopped pecans. Then roll up tightly,from one of the long sides, jelly-roll style.
Wrap the roll up in the parchment paper, then plastic wrap. Chill the dough for about 2 hours (or overnight) until firm.
Cut the dough into 1/4-inch slices and lay on a parchment or silicone mat lined baking sheet. Leave at least 2-inches of space around the cookies to allow them to spread. Use fingers to re-shape into a round if needed.
Bake in 375°F oven for 10 – 13 minutes until just starting to turn light brown around the edges. Gently remove to a wire rack to cool. Cookies will harden as they cool.
What is Must Love Home’s Cookie Extravaganza?
It’s our first year of counting down the days until Christmas with the most deliciously easy cookie recipes to celebrate the holidays. For 8 straight days, we’ll be sharing fun, mouth-watering recipes that are perfect for beginners as well as experienced bakers, using just simple pantry ingredients.
Raspberry Pecan Swirl Cookies
Click underlined ingredients to buy them!
- In a large bowl, cream the butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in egg and vanilla.
- Sift flour and baking powder until medium bowl. Slowly add flour mixture to butter mixture until just combined. Scrape down bowl as needed.
- Form dough into disk and place between two sheets of parchment paper. Roll dough into 10 x 12 rectangle. Remove parchment and spread dough with raspberry jam. Sprinkle jam with pecans. Starting on long side of dough, roll dough tightly into log. Wrap dough and refrigerate at least 2 hours until firm.
- Slice dough into 1/4-inch thick rounds, re-shaping dough as needed. Place on parchment or silicone lined baking sheet 2-inches apart. Bake until golden around the edges, 10 – 13 minutes. Remove to wire rack to cool.
NUTRITION INFORMATION PER SERVING
© Copyright Christine Mello for Must Love Home. We would love for you to share a link to this recipe but please do not copy/paste the recipe instructions to websites or social media. We are happy for you to share a photo with a link back to this website instead.
If you made this recipe, please leave a comment and rating. I would appreciate the chance to troubleshoot any issues you might have had before you leave the rating!