Oven Roasted Garlic Potatoes – crispy on the outside and fluffy inside. The garlic and spices add a delicious, crunchy flavor with every bite.
We have all been told we shouldn’t waste food- but it happens. We buy more for our families than they can eat, we forget food in the back of the fridge or stick food in a cabinet and forget it. And as many of you know…wasting food really gets under my skin. It is too expensive and there are so many ways to cook fruits and veggies to use them up.
Do any of you buy the bags of large russet baking potatoes at the grocery store? I do because it is more economical than buying them individually. Usually there are a few left that are too small to use as baked potatoes and they get left in the bin. This recipe uses them up with this easy recipe.
- 4 –6 medium potatoes, any variety
- 1/4 cup olive oil ( or vegetable oil)
- 1–1/2 teaspoon garlic powder ( you can also use fresh minced garlic, roughly 4 cloves)
- 1–1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley flakes (optional)
- Preheat your oven to 400 F. Wash and dry your potatoes, and cut up into 1 inch chunks.
- Place the potatoes on a large baking sheet, and drizzle with the oil. Use your hands or a spatula to mix the potatoes so they are evenly coated. Sprinkle the garlic powder, onion powder, salt and pepper evenly over the potatoes and mix again. (you can mix all of the ingredients in a large bowl if you like). Plac the potatoes in a single layer on the baking sheet, cut sides up and bake in the oven for 1 to 1-1/2 hours until potatoes are browned and the edges are crisp.. Serve hot!
Use additional Kosher salt when potatoes are hot out of the oven to taste. Serve as a side dish or as a snack with your favorite dipping sauce.