Crispy Buffalo Potato Wedges are a twist on an old favorite. Using on four ingredients they’ll add crunch and heat to any meal. Make them as an appetizer with a favorite dip!
Potatoes in some form have been America’s favorite side dish for forever, and by some considered comfort food. It is easy to understand why. Easy to make, easy on the wallet and with infinite variations, potatoes check every box for feeding your family well. It doesn’t hurt that these Buffalo Potato Wedges are so darn good that everyone will think they are having a special treat instead of a pantry staple.
Ingredients needed for Crispy Buffalo Potato Wedges
- Potatoes – I used russet potatoes
- Olive Oil
- Buffalo Wing Sauce – I used Frank’s brand
How to make Crispy Buffalo Potato Wedges
These potatoes are so simple to make. If you can cut potatoes with a knife and brush on the seasoning, you are good to go!
- To get started, preheat the oven to 425 F. Wash and dry the potatoes with paper towel. You will be amazed at how much dirt can still be on potatoes even after a good washing. Then, using a sharp knife, cut each potato in half lengthwise, and then cut each half into 4 wedges. This may take a little muscle if the potatoes are large.
- Now, spread the wedges out on a large greased or sprayed sheet pan in a single layer. Drizzle with the olive oil and sprinkle with salt. Toss to coat the potatoes with the oil and salt. Use your hands (olive oil is great for the skin) or if you are the neat and tidy type, use a spatula.
- Bake in the 425 Degree oven for 15 to 20 minutes or until golden and crisp. If your wedges are really large, it may take longer. Remove the pan from the oven. Use a brush to lightly coat each wedge with Wing Sauce. Place the pan back in the oven for 3 minutes or until the Wing Sauce coating has dried a little bit. Remove the pan from the oven and serve with a little bowl of dipping sauce. Enjoy!
This recipe doesn’t call for frying so it is still healthy, right? Did you know that potatoes are actually good for you?….they are a very good source of vitamin B6 and 1 serving gives you about 25% of the Vitamin C you need every day!
Crispy Buffalo Potato Wedges
Click highlighted ingredients to buy them!
- 8 medium potatoes, I used Russet
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup Buffalo Wing Sauce, I used Frank’s
- Preheat the oven to 425°F. Grease or spray with non-stick cooking spray a large baking sheet.
- Wash and dry potatoes. Cut each potato in half lengthwise, and then cut each half into 4 wedges.
- Spread the wedges out on a sheet pan in a single layer. Drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with salt. Toss to coat the potatoes.
- Bake in the oven for 15 to 20 minutes or until golden and crisp. Remove from the oven.
- Using a brush, lightly coat each wedge with Wing Sauce. Place back in the oven for 3 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and serve with your favorite dipping sauce. Enjoy.
NUTRITION INFORMATION PER SERVING
© Copyright Christine Mello for Must Love Home. We would love for you to share a link to this recipe but please do not copy/paste the recipe instructions to websites or social media. We are happy for you to share a photo with a link back to this website instead.