Make this One Skillet Chicken Parmesan Dinner and you will feel like you are in Italian Restaurant. Moist chicken, pasta. tangy sauce, spices and melted cheese make this an easy dinner favorite.
If anyone had told me before that I could make Chicken Parmesan, with cooked pasta, in one pan, I would not have believed them. I mean, cooking spaghetti pasta has always meant a big pot of boiling water, lots of steam and possible (likely) burns trying to drain it. Then late one night I was was half-heartedly watching one of those cooking infomercial programs about how a pan that were hocking doesn’t stick. Ho hum, who cares and then I realized they were cooking spaghetti noodles in the pan! What? What was this? Unfortunately for the pan maker, that was the only thing I took away from that infomercial!
One-Skillet Chicken Parmesan with Pasta starts with juicy, pan-fried breaded chicken breasts. Add a red sauce, spices and pasta and you have a delicious and filling meal. I guarantee, this is easy to prepare and if your family likes spaghetti, they will love this!
Chicken Parmesan is a classic family favorite made extra special with the addition of pasta. Serve this dish anytime you need a fast, flavorful meal.
- 3 Chicken Breasts, each sliced lenghthwise into two thin breasts
- 2 eggs
- 2 TBSP water
- 1–1/2 cups Italian Bread Crumbs
- 2 TBSP Oil
- 1 recipe Homemade Marinara Sauce or 2 (24 ounce) Jars spaghetti sauce
- 1 TBSP Garlic
- 1 TBSP Italian Seasoning
- 8 oz Rotini Pasta, uncooked
- 1/2 cup Mozzarella Cheese, shredded
- salt and pepper to taste
- In a shallow dish, add eggs and water, whisk thoroughly to blend. In another shallow dish, place the bread crumbs. Working one at a time, dip each chicken breast piece into the egg mixture until covered, then roll in the breadcrumbs until completely coated. Have a plate or tray handy to place the breasts on until all are coated with breadcrumbs.
- On the stove, heat the oil in a large skillet or dutch oven. Fry the breaded chicken breasts until just done, about 4 minutes on each side. Remove from skillet and set aside.
- In the same skillet, heat the Pasta Sauce, Garlic and Seasoning to boiling. Add the uncooked pasta, cover and reduce heat to simmer for 20-25 minutes, or until the pasta is tender.
- Add the chicken breasts back into the pan, spooning sauce over the top. Heat on medium-low. Sprinkle cheese evenly over each chicken breast piece and recover for 5 minutes or until the cheese is melted and the chicken is heated thru.
- Serve with a salad and bread for a complete meal.