One Skillet Chicken Parmesan is moist chicken, pasta, spices and oozing melted cheese made easy in just one pan. An easy dinner that taste’s like you’re in an Italian bistro!
If anyone had told me before that I could make a One Skillet Chicken Parmesan with pasta – in only one pan – I wouldn’t have believed them. No way. Cooking spaghetti has always meant a big pot of boiling water, lots of steam and possible (likely) burns trying to drain it.
Then late one night I was was half-heartedly watching one of those cooking infomercial programs about how a pan they were hocking doesn’t stick. Ho hum, who cares and then I realized they were cooking spaghetti noodles right in the pan! What? What was this? A light bulb went off in my head as I thought of the possibilities.
Ingredients needed to make One Skillet Chicken Parmesan with Pasta
This amazing and totally shovel worthy dish starts with juicy, pan-fried breaded chicken breasts. Add a red sauce, spices and pasta and you have one tasty, filling meal. It’s super easy to prepare and if your family likes spaghetti, they will absolutely love this!
- Chicken – boneless, skinless breasts were used to make this recipe.
- Marinara Sauce – your favorite jarred or our tasty 10 minute Homemade Marinara Sauce.
- Mozzarella Cheese – shredded for easy melting.
- Garlic – we minced our own from pre-peeled garlic, but use the minced garlic you love.
- Bread Crumbs
- Italian Seasoning
- Eggs – we buy large eggs and use them for all our recipes.
- Olive Oil
- Spaghetti Pasta – linguine and fettucine are great substitutes.
What to serve with Chicken Parmesan
This skillet dinner already serves up the chicken and pasta, so add a few vegetables or salad to round out the meal.
- Roasted Vegetables with Garlic and Parmesan
- Oven Roasted Green Beans
- Honey Dill Glazed Carrots
- Copycat Olive Garden Salad
One Skillet Chicken Parmesan
- In a shallow dish, add eggs and water, whisk thoroughly to blend. In another shallow dish, place the bread crumbs. Working one at a time, dip each chicken breast piece into the egg mixture until covered, then roll in the breadcrumbs until completely coated. Have a plate or tray handy to place the breasts on until all are coated with breadcrumbs.
- On the stove, heat the oil in a large skillet or dutch oven. Fry the breaded chicken breasts until just done, about 4 minutes on each side. Remove from skillet and set aside.
- In the same skillet, heat the Pasta Sauce, Garlic and Seasoning to boiling. Add the uncooked pasta, cover and reduce heat to simmer for 20-25 minutes, or until the pasta is tender.
- Add the chicken breasts back into the pan, spooning sauce over the top. Heat on medium-low. Sprinkle cheese evenly over each chicken breast piece and recover for 5 minutes or until the cheese is melted and the chicken is heated thru.
© Copyright Christine Mello for Must Love Home. We would love for you to share a link to this recipe but please do not copy/paste the recipe instructions to websites or social media. We are happy for you to share a photo with a link back to this website instead.