Oven Roasted Green Beans with butter and garlic are simple to make and with such delicious flavor that you’ll never boil your veggies again.
OVEN ROASTED GREEN BEANS
The best healthy vegetables you will ever taste are ones cooked in the oven, like Oven Roasted green Beans. No water to dilute the nutrients or make them soggy. Another bonus for green beans is that the beans become fully cooked on the baking sheet, but are still firm. Totally delicious and seriously, they could be a healthy substitute for chips at your next party!
The flavor of these green beans is just amazing. Because they are not cooked in water, their natural earthy flavor has not been diluted. They will shrink slightly during cooking.
To make the butter sauce just melt 4 tablespoons (1/2 stick) of butter in a small pan, and float a few lemon slices in the butter. Cook over medium heat for 2-3 minutes until the lemons start to brown slightly at the edges. Add 1 tablespoon of minced garlic to the pan. Stir until the garlic turns golden, about 1 minute, then remove the pan from the heat. Pour immediately over the roasted green beans and garnish with the lemon slices.
Fresh green beans from the market were used for this recipe, but frozen whole green beans would work just as well. If you are using frozen green beans, make sure to thaw them and get the green beans as dry as possible before roasting.
Oven Roasted Green Beans
Click highlighted ingredients to buy them!
- 3 cups green beans, washed and picked over, about 1 pound
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 4 tsp unsalted butter
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 3 lemon slices
- Preheat the oven to 400 F. Coat a baking sheet with cooking spray or vegetable oil.
- Spread green beans in single layer on baking sheet. Pour olive oil over beans, sprinkle liberally with salt and pepper. Toss to coat the beans with oil.
- Roast in the center rack of the oven for 20-25 minutes, until the green beans are just starting to brown.
- In a small pan, melt the butter over medium heat. Add lemon slices to butter and cook for 2 to 3 minutes, until lemons start to brown around the edges. Add garlic and cook for1 minute until the garlic turns golden. Remove from the heat.
- Plate the green beans to a serving dish and pour the sauce over the green beans. Serve immediately.
NUTRITION INFORMATION PER SERVING
© Copyright Christine Mello for Must Love Home. We would love for you to share a link to this recipe but please do not copy/paste the recipe instructions to websites or social media. We are happy for you to share a photo with a link back to this website instead.