Oven Roasted Green Beans are too easy to make. Toss on a baking pan with olive oil, salt and pepper then pop in the oven. The Green Beans come out with a condensed smokey flavor that will have you roasting all of your vegetables!
One important lesson I have learned about cooking vegetables is that using the least amount of water in the cooking process is best. Another bonus for green beans is that the beans become fully cooked on the baking sheet, but are still firm in your hands. Seriously, they could be a healthy substitute for chips at your next party!
The flavor of these green beans is just amazing. Because they are not cooked in water, their natural earthy flavor has not been diluted. They will shrink slightly during cooking.
To make the butter sauce just melt 4 tablespoons (1/2 stick) of butter in a small pan, and float a few lemon slices in the butter. Cook over medium heat for 2-3 minutes until the lemons start to brown slightly at the edges. Add 1 tablespoon of minced garlic to the pan. Stir until the garlic turns golden, about 1 minute, then remove the pan from the heat. Pour immediately over the roasted green beans and garnish with the lemon slices.
Fresh green beans from the market were used for this recipe, but frozen whole green beans would work just as well. If you are using frozen green beans, make sure to thaw them and get the green beans as dry as possible before roasting.
Oven Roasted Green Beans
Oven Roasted Green Beans are easy peasy to make. Toss on a baking pan with olive oil, salt and pepper then pop in the oven. The Green Beans come out with a yummy smokey flavor that will have you roasting all of your vegetables!
- Prep Time: 1 minute
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Total Time: 21 minutes
- Yield: 1 pound Oven Roasted Green Beans
- 1 pound fresh Green Beans, washed and picked over
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 4 TBSP unsalted butter
- 1 TBSP minced garlic
- 3 lemon slices
- Preheat the oven to 400 F.
- Coat a baking sheet with cooking spray or vegetable oil. Spread the green beans on the sheet in a single layer.
- Pour the olive oil over the beans, then liberally sprinkle with salt and pepper. Toss with your hands to coat the beans with oil.
- Roast in the center rack of the oven for 20-25 minutes, until the green beans are just starting to brown.
- During the last 5 minutes of roasting, prepare the Lemon garlic Sauce.
- In a small pan, melt the butter over medium heat. Add the lemon slices to the butter and cook for 2-3 minutes, until the lemons start to brown around the edges. Add the garlic and cook for about 1 minute until the garlic turns golden. Remove from the heat.
- Plate the green beans to a serving dish and pour the sauce over the green beans. Serve immediately.
- Serving Size: 1/4 pound