Elegant and delicious, this Honey Glazed Butternut Squash is sure to be the star of any brunch or dinner table! A sweet, crunchy, and healthy dish that can also be made ahead!
One of my favorite flavor combinations is butternut squash and honey. Truly! They just work together. Add butter and panko and you can just watch this dish disappear! It’s like magic. I usually make two pans of honey glazed butternut squash at a time….it is even better as leftovers! Let me tell you how I make this amazing dish.
Looking for more delicious vegetable side dish recipes? Check out some of my collection here:
- Parmesan Chive Corn on the Cob – bursting with buttery flavor
- Orzo with Snap Peas and Peanuts – protein and fiber rich
- Creamed Cauliflower – tasty mashed potato alternative
- Quinoa Vegetable Medley – with a splash of tangy Balsamic
- Basil Corn Cakes – top with Maple Bacon Butter
- Honey Dill Glazed Carrots – sweet and savory side
First, peel and remove the seeds from the butternut squash. Then, cut the squash into thin slices. Isn’t the color amazing! Go HERE to see how to easily peel and seed the squash.
Put the cut slices into a microwave safe bowl, add water and cover with plastic. Cook for about 6 minutes until the squash just starts to get tender.
Add oil, salt and pepper to the squash and stir carefully to combine. You can see in the photo that I went a little wild with my stirring and tore some of the squash pieces. Oops! That is what NOT to do.
Then, carefully stack the slices into your baking pan and drizzle with honey mixture. Bake the squash until it is really tender, about 50 minutes or so.
After that, sprinkle on the cooked butter and panko and serve. Then watch it disappear!
Elegant and delicious, this Honey Glazed Butternut Squash is sure to be the star of any brunch or dinner table! A sweet, crunchy, and healthy dish dish that can be made ahead too!
- 2/3 cup honey
- 1 tsp dried thyme, divided
- 1 large butternut squash, (about 5 lbs) peeled, seeded and thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup vegetable or canola oil, divided
- 1-1/2 tsp each salt and pepper, divided
- 2 TBSP unsalted butter
- 2/3 cup panko bread crumbs
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. Grease a 9 x 12 baking dish, set aside.
- In a small saucepan, heat honey and 1/2 tsp thyme, stirring occasionally over low heat for 3-4 minutes. Set aside.
- In a large microwave-safe dish, place the squash and water. Cover with plastic wrap and microwave on
- high until the squash is just tender, about 6 minutes. Drain. Add vegetable oil, 1 tsp each salt and pepper. Toss to coat.
- Arrange squash slices by stacking in greased baking dish. (Tip baking dish on it’s side to make stacking the squash slices easier.)
- When dish is full, drizzle 1/4 cup of the honey mixture over the squash.
- Bake in 375 degree oven until squash is fully tender, 45-50 minutes.
- In a small skillet, melt butter over medium heat. Add panko, and remaining thyme, salt and pepper. Cook and stir until panko is golden brown, about 5 minutes. Sprinkle over baked squash and drizzle remaining honey mixture over the top.
- Serve warm.
Keywords: Side dish,squash,butternut squash,baked,dinner,honey
If you love Butternut Squash, you may want to try this amazing recipe for Roasted Butternut Squash Soup!
Let me know what you think of this recipe in the comments below, on Facebook and Google + or find me on Instagram . Thanks so much for stopping by my blog today!
[/vc_column_text][/vc_column][/vc_row][vc_row][vc_column][vc_single_image image=”17741″ img_size=”900×200″][/vc_column][/vc_row][vc_row][vc_column]