Quinoa Vegetable Medley – the perfect side for a healthy and delicious meal. Fluffy quinoa, corn and zucchini, with a splash of balsamic vinegar will compliment any chicken or pork dish. It is hearty enough to be a meal on it’s own.
As an alternative to heavier Fall food, try this Quinoa Vegetable Medley for dinner. This dish can be served either as a hot side or a cold salad and takes less than 30 minutes to make. It also pairs really well with chicken or pork, like Sweet Soy Chicken or Oven BBQ Pork Chops. Make this side dish according to the recipe, or substitute in your favorite veggies.
The holidays are coming with lots of rich foods, so it’s good to be reminded that there are easy, healthy choice recipes we can make.
Looking for more delicious vegetable side dish recipes? Check out some of my collection here:
- Basil Corn Cakes – top with Maple Bacon Butter
- Honey Dill Glazed Carrots – sweet and savory side
- Parmesan Chive Corn on the Cob – bursting with buttery flavor
- Honey Glazed Butternut Squash Recipe – star of the table
- Orzo with Snap Peas and Peanuts – protein and fiber rich
- Creamed Cauliflower – tasty mashed potato alternative
Quinoa Vegetable Medley – the perfect side for a healthy and delicious meal. Fluffy quinoa, corn and zucchini, with a splash of balsamic vinegar compliments any chicken or pork dish, and is hearty enough to be a meal on it’s own.
- 1 cup dried Quinoa, cooked according to package directions
- 1 TBSP olive oil
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1 medium zucchini, sliced
- 1 12 ounce bag frozen corn
- salt and pepper
- 1/2 to 1 tsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 TBSP fresh snipped parsley (optional)
- Cook the quinoa according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the onions and cook until tender, about 5 minutes. Add the zucchini to the onions and cook until tender, about 5 additional minutes. As the zucchini cooks the onions will continue cooking to translucent. Add the frozen corn to the skillet and cook until the corn is heated thru, 4-5 minutes.
- Fluff the cooked quinoa and add to the vegetables in the skillet, mixing thoroughly. Add balsamic to the mixture starting with 1/2 tsp and mix thoroughly. Add additional balsamic to taste.
- Remove from heat. Garnish with parsley (optional)
- Salt and pepper as desired before serving.
Note – Cook Quinoa in stock instead of water for additional flavor.
- Serving Size: 1 cup
Keywords: salad, quinoa, grain, vegetarian, paleo, zucchini