Make your own authentic Homemade Fajita Seasoning Mix using this easy recipe and common pantry spices. Great for seasoning vegetables too!
Fajitas are a real favorite at our house, and I used packets of Fajita seasoning mix from the grocery store to season the meat. Not anymore! One day I was prepping the meat for fajitas and realized I had forgot to buy the seasoning. Duh. So I looked up the label for the brand I usually buy and tried to recreate it with spices I had on the shelf. Actually, my recipe tasted better than the packet seasoning so I never looked back. This is a great recipe to make fajita seasoning that fits your own family’s tastes. You control the salt (or no salt) and no bouillon cubes means this is perfect for vegetarians too!
Even the cornstarch that is found in so many seasoning mixes was cut out because it is really not needed. Double or even triple the recipe to make up a large batch and store in an airtight container for future use.
Reasons to love this Fajita Seasoning Mix Recipe:
- Budget -friendly, making your own cost less than 1/2 of premixed,
- Easily create your own no-salt seasoning by omitting salt from recipe,
- Takes only minutes to mix and it’s ready to use,
- Delicious seasoning that stores for at least 1 year in a glass jar with a sealing lid.
Tips for making the best Fajita Seasoning Mix Recipe:
- When it comes to using spices, keep the shelf fresh by storing spices in a cool, dark place, away from direct heat or sunlight. In tightly closed containers whole spices will stay fresh for about 4 years, ground spices for about 2 to 3 years and dried herbs for 1 to 3 years.
- For extra heat, increase cayenne by a 1/8 teaspoon
- This recipe was created adding both salt and sugar for flavor and to help tenderize the meat.
Helpful Tools and Ingredients:
- Long Handled Measuring Spoons – similar to what I use, these long handled spoons are great for reaching into slim spice jars when measuring. Accurate and high quality too!
- Small Mason Jar with BPA Free lined lid – the best for storing your mixed seasonings.
Fajita Seasoning Mix Recipe
- Measure all ingredients in a small bowl and stir to combine.
- Store leftovers in a tightly sealed glass jar for up to 1 year.
© Copyright Christine Mello for Must Love Home. We would love for you to share a link to this recipe but please do not copy/paste the recipe instructions to websites or social media. We are happy for you to share a photo with a link back to this website instead.