Fiesta Green Beans – serve something different on your next veggie tray. Crispy and spicy and charred to perfection, Fiesta Green Beans are perfect for dipping into your favorite sauce. And they are healthy too, so how can anyone resist!
Who said that eating your veggies had to be boring? I say if you make a veggie more like a snack chip then the veggie eating problem is solved! Fiesta Green Beans is the solution. They are like crispy little sticks to scoop dip up with….or just enjoy on their own. I have to say that I just LOVE this recipe!
If you know me, then you know that I have a pathologic need for salty, crunchy snacks. When asked what one thing I would take with me to a deserted island…I did not name anything remotely practical – my answer was… Doritos! But I might change my answer after eating these babies…yum!
The recipe is super easy!! Just throw 2 pounds of green beans on an oiled baking sheet. Toss them in a little more oil and then sprinkle on the fiesta flavor! Bake for about 30 minutes in a 425 degree oven and you have these crispy, delicious Fiesta Green Beans!
Here is the handy printable recipe!
Crispy and spicy and charred to perfection, Fiesta Green Beans are perfect for dipping into your favorite sauce. And they are healthy too, so how can anyone resist!
- 2 pounds fresh green beans, washed and picked over
- 2 TBSP olive oil
- 2 TBSP taco seasoning
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees.
- Grease a large sheet pan with 1 TBSP of oil. Place the green beans on the baking sheet in a single layer.
- Drizzle remaining 1 TBSP of oil over the green beans and toss to coat.
- Sprinkle the taco seasoning evenly over the green beans.
- Bake on the center rack of oven for 30 minutes, Turning once during baking. * Baking time may vary due to oven. Start checking for done at 20 minutes.
- Remove from the oven when beans have just started to develop dark charred spots.
- Allow to cool slightly on the pan before serving.
You may substitute vegetable oil for olive oil.
Keywords: side dish,green beans,fiesta,mexican,oven baked,vegetable
Let me know what you think of this recipe in the comments below, on Facebook and Google + or find me on Instagram . Thanks so much for stopping by my blog today!
[/vc_column_text][/vc_column][/vc_row][vc_row][vc_column][vc_single_image image=”17741″ img_size=”900×200″][/vc_column][/vc_row][vc_row][vc_column][vc_separator color=”turquoise”][/vc_column][/vc_row][vc_row][vc_column][vc_cta h2=”” txt_align=”center” style=”outline” color=”white” add_button=”right” btn_title=”Subscribe” btn_color=”info” btn_size=”sm” btn_i_icon_fontawesome=”fa fa-check” add_icon=”left” btn_add_icon=”true” i_on_border=”true” btn_link=”url:http%3A%2F%2Fmadmimi.com%2Fsignups%2F310168%2Fjoin||target:%20_blank|”]