Creamy Herb Greek Yogurt Dressing is tasty, smooth and ready in minutes. This blend of yogurt, herbs, garlic and seasoning is the perfect way to dress up your favorite salads or veggie trays.
If you like ranch and you like vinaigrette, you will love this dressing. It is sharp, tangy and smooth at the same time and the herbs compliment the salad rather than overpower it. Greek yogurt and olive oil make up the base, with lemon juice, vinegar, garlic and spices kicking up the flavor. I keep a jar of it in the fridge and the family likes to use it instead of mayo on sandwiches and as a dip for just about anything.
Honestly, I have made many salad dressing over the years that just weren’t good. They were either too sweet, or too gloppy and stuck like glue to the greens, and one even smelled like burnt rubber. Seriously! If you are looking for an easy, healthier recipe for salad dressing, you have found it here.
Tips for making the best Creamy Herb Greek Yogurt Dressing:
- Use fresh squeezed lemon juice for the best flavor and results. If lemon zest is required in the recipe, be sure to zest the lemon BEFORE squeezing it.
- Start with quality yogurt – use organic greek yogurt if possible
- Use fresh, minced garlic if possible for the best flavor
- When it comes to dried spices, keep the shelf fresh by storing spices in a cool, dark place, away from direct heat or sunlight. In tightly closed containers whole spices will stay fresh for about 4 years, ground spices for about 2 to 3 years and dried herbs for 1 to 3 years.
Why use Greek Yogurt?
Greek yogurt is perfect for mixing salad dressings because it is creamier and thicker than regular yogurt, and packs a protein punch. It is thicker because the whey, which is the watery component that is left after milk curdles, has been strained off. Removing this liquid is why Greek yogurt is denser than regular yogurt, and results in less carbs too. As for the protein, Greek yogurt has roughly double the protein of regular yogurt.
Reasons to Love Creamy Herb Greek Yogurt Dressing:
- Easy to make with pantry ingredients
- Versatile: use as a dressing, sandwich spread or dip
- Great to make a day ahead of time, actually tastes better
Looking for more delicious dip and sauce recipes? Check part of my collection here:
Creamy Herb Greek Yogurt Dressing
- In a small bowl combine all of the ingredients and whisk to combine. Refrigerate until served.
- Store unused dressing tightly covered in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
© Copyright Christine Mello for Must Love Home. We would love for you to share a link to this recipe but please do not copy/paste the recipe instructions to websites or social media. We are happy for you to share a photo with a link back to this website instead.