Creamy Herb Greek Yogurt Dressing is tasty, smooth and ready in just minutes. This combination of yogurt, herbs, garlic and a few other ingredients is the perfect way to dress up a favorite salad or veggie tray. Great as a spread on sandwiches too!
If you like ranch and you like vinaigrette, you will love this dressing. It is sharp, tangy and smooth at the same time and the herbs compliment the salad rather than overpower it. Greek yogurt and olive oil make up the base, with lemon juice, vinegar, garlic and spices kicking up the flavor. I keep a jar of it in the fridge and the family likes to use it instead of mayo on sandwiches and as a dip for just about anything.
Honestly, I have made many salad dressing over the years that just weren’t good. They were either too sweet, or too gloppy and stuck like glue to the greens, and one even smelled like burnt rubber. Seriously! If you are looking for an easy, healthier recipe for salad dressing, you have found it here.
Why use Greek Yogurt?
Greek yogurt is perfect for mixing salad dressings because it is creamier and thicker than regular yogurt, and packs a protein punch. It is thicker because the whey, which is the watery component that is left after milk curdles, has been strained off. Removing this liquid is why Greek yogurt is denser than regular yogurt, and results in less carbs too. As for the protein, Greek yogurt has roughly double the protein of regular yogurt.
Reasons to love Creamy Herb Greek Yogurt Dressing:
- Easy to make with pantry ingredients
- Versatile: use as a dressing, sandwich spread or dip
- Great to make a day ahead of time, actually tastes better
Tips for making the best Creamy Herb Greek Yogurt Dressing:
- Use fresh squeezed lemon juice for the best flavor and results. If lemon zest is required in the recipe, be sure to zest the lemon BEFORE squeezing it.
- Start with quality yogurt – use organic greek yogurt if possible
- Use fresh, minced garlic if possible for the best flavor
- When it comes to dried spices, keep the shelf fresh by storing spices in a cool, dark place, away from direct heat or sunlight. In tightly closed containers whole spices will stay fresh for about 4 years, ground spices for about 2 to 3 years and dried herbs for 1 to 3 years.
Looking for more delicious dip and sauce recipes? Check part of my collection here:
Here is the handy printable recipe. Enjoy!Print
Creamy Herb Greek Yogurt Dressing is tangy, smooth and ready in just minutes. This combination of yogurt, herbs, garlic and a few other ingredients is the perfect way to dress up a favorite salad or veggie tray.
- 1/2 cup plain whole milk Greek yogurt
- 1 tablespoon white wine or champagne vinegar
- 2 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon dried dill
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 3 cloves minced garlic, about 1-1/2 teaspoons
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- In a small bowl combine all of the ingredients and whisk to combine. Refrigerate until served.
- Store unused dressing tightly covered in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
Sugar can be substituted for the honey. If using, be sure to whisk the dressing until all of the sugar is dissolved before serving.
Keywords: dressing,yogurt dressing,garlic,salad dressing