Easy Pub Style Beer Cheese Dip – served warm or cold, this cheddar cheese dip is a winner! It’s great for Game Day’s or any occasion when you want a creamy cheese snack.
Lately I’ve been obsessed with dips! Especially savory cheese ones like this easy Pub Style Beer Cheese Dip. Near our house there’s an Irish Pub that serves a pub cheese appetizer that is amazing. So I’ve been on a mission to create a recipe just as tasty as the restaurant’s version, if not better. This is it guys…mission accomplished.
Besides the delicious taste, my favorite thing about this recipe is how totally easy it is to make. The ingredients go right into the food processor, pulse until it’s nice and smooth and you’re done. Five minutes or less, start to finish! How simple is that?
This pub dip recipe can be totally adapted to your tastes too. Like a thinner dip, then add more beer. If you prefer it hot and spicy, add another pinch of cayenne, a few dashes of hot sauce or some jalapeno slices.
INGREDIENTS TO MAKE PUB STYLE BEER CHEESE DIP
There are only 7 ingredients to this super easy recipe + salt which is optional.
- Cream Cheese
- Cheddar Cheese
- Worcestershire Sauce
- Ground Mustard
This site may contain affiliate links to products. We may receive a commission for purchases made through these links, which helps to keep this content free.
WHAT KIND OF BEER TO USE IN BEER CHEESE DIP
The dip’s flavor depends a lot on which beer you choose. A dark beer will give a more robust, intense flavor, while a pale ale will have a more subtle beer flavor. Your best bet is to use a beer that you already like to drink because the flavor will be prevalent in the dip.
If you want to skip the beer entirely, you can replace it with something that will give volume to the dip, like non-alcoholic beer or seltzer water. I’ve been told that ginger ale and sparkling cider will work too, but will add a sweet flavor to the dip.
CAN PUB STYLE BEER CHEESE DIP BE MADE AHEAD?
Sure can! I personally think it tastes best right out of the food processor, but it can be made a couple of days ahead. Just store the dip in a tightly covered container until you are ready to serve.
OTHER GREAT PARTY FOOD RECIPES
- Irresistible Sun Dried Tomato Dip
- Asian Barbecue Sausage Bites
- Double Pepperoni Pizza Poppers
- Mini Grilled Cheese Appetizers
- Cajun Honey Lime Chicken Wings
- Buffalo Chicken Cheese Sliders
Easy Pub Style Beer Cheese Dip
- Blend the cheeses and seasonings in the bowl of a food processor until well combined.
- Slowly add the beer and continue processing until the mixture is completely smooth.
- Dip can be served immediately or refrigerated for one hour to chill and firm.
- To serve warm, place dip into a medium saucepan and stir continuously over low heat until warm OR place dip in a microwave-safe bowl and heat on High for 1 minute intervals, stirring after each interval. Repeat until dip is heated thru.
© Copyright Christine Mello for Must Love Home. We would love for you to share a link to this recipe but please do not copy/paste the recipe instructions to websites or social media. We are happy for you to share a photo with a link back to this website instead.
If you made this recipe, please leave a comment and rating below. I would appreciate the chance to troubleshoot any issues you might have had before you leave the rating!