Crazy delicious and super easy, try this and you’ll never need another party dip recipe! Takes less than 5 minutes to make!
Don’t let unexpected guests or a last-minute event send you scrambling for what to serve. With this tasty Sun Dried Tomato Dip recipe, you are covered. It only takes a few minutes to whip up, letting you quickly get back to the enjoying the festivities. Just kick back and watch this dip disappear.
I am one of those people who immediately go searching to see if there’s a food or kitchen section in any store they visit. I love to try new flavors and am sucker for gadgets. Recently, I dragged my husband, Matthew, to World Market in search of bamboo cocktail picks, and instead came home with bags of discounted gourmet crackers, olives and spreads. While looking around, I saw a packet of seasoning mix for sun dried tomato dip. I didn’t buy the mix, but once I got home it got me thinking about how I could make my own recipe.
HOW TO MAKE SUN DRIED TOMATO DIP
Talk about simple! There is nothing more to making this dip than throwing the ingredients into the food processor and giving it a whirl. If you don’t have a food processor, the blender will work too!
- Start by chopping up the green onions and sun dried tomatoes and adding them to the food processor. This recipe was tested with the tomatoes that are packed dry, not packed in oil from a jar. I like to buy them this way because the opened package can sit on a shelf, and not take up space in the refrigerator.
- Add the cream cheese, sour cream, mayonnaise, sriracha and spices. Because it’s being blended together, there’s no need to let the cream cheese soften up before using it either!
- Blend together until smooth and serve!
*Dip can be made a few days ahead of serving. Store leftovers tightly covered in the refrigerator for up to one week.
CAN I USE REDUCED FAT INGREDIENTS?
Yes, absolutely! To reduce fat and calories, this dip can be made with reduced-fat cream cheese and sour cream. You can also substitute light mayonnaise for regular. I have tested this recipe using all reduced-fat ingredients (that’s what I usually buy) and it is amazing. I don’t recommend using fat-free ingredients because the dip may not blend well and separate.
Irresistible Sun Dried Tomato Dip
Click highlighted ingredients to buy them!
- Add all the ingredients to the bowl of a food processor. Pulse a few times until the ingredients are well blended and smooth.
- Transfer to a serving bowl, garnish with more green onion slices and serve.
NUTRITION INFORMATION PER SERVING
© Copyright Christine Mello for Must Love Home. We would love for you to share a link to this recipe but please do not copy/paste the recipe instructions to websites or social media. We are happy for you to share a photo with a link back to this website instead.