These cheesy Double Pepperoni Pizza Poppers are full of zesty flavor and super simple to make! Be a hit with both adults and kids and serve these tasty game day appetizers!
Nothing makes Game Day better than simple amazing recipes, well that and a great game. Easy Double Pepperoni Pizza Poppers are the perfect choice! Did I mention how easy these are to make? If you can pop open a roll of biscuits and use a knife, you can be serving these in minutes. If you like, add your favorite toppings to make these your own! They are a tasty snack or lunch box addition, too!
At our house, we are HUGE fans of the Ohio State Buckeyes. Every Saturday in the Fall, we are glued to the big screen, screaming and cheering with each play. (cursing and shouting…but you know what I mean). So by half-time, everyone is ready to chow down and eat their cares away. Pizza is always a good choice, but instead of just slices of pizza, I like to mix it up by serving these delicious Double Pepperoni Pizza Poppers. I call them double for a reason, and not only because of the cute little slice of pepperoni on top. A few batches back, I tried doubling the usual amount of pepperoni slices inside the popper and it was so darn good I make it this way every time now.
Double Pepperoni Pizza Poppers could not be simpler to make. Just mix ingredients in a bowl, fill muffin cups, sprinkle with cheese then dot with a slice of pepperoni. Bake and serve. How easy is that?
After removing the poppers from the oven, cool them for a few minutes on a wire rack. This handy rack doubles as a cooling rack and it’s also oven-safe. I use it for cooking bacon and roasting meat in the oven.
Tips for making the best Double Pepperoni Pizza Poppers:
- Shred the cheese yourself. Already shredded cheese contains stabilizers so it may not melt the same as cheese shredded from a block.
- If adding vegetables to the mixture (green peppers, onions, mushrooms) be sure to cook them first to remove the natural moisture from the vegetable. If not, the biscuit dough may not rise properly.
- For heat, add a pinch of ground cayenne pepper to the pizza sauce before adding it to the mixture.
Double Pepperoni Pizza Poppers
Click highlighted ingredients to buy them!
- 30 ounces refrigerated biscuits, 4 (7.5-ounce) cans, separated and quartered
- 1-1/2 cups mozzarella, divided, shredded
- 3.5 ounce pepperoni slices, quartered. Reserve 12 slices for topping
- 1/2 cup pizza sauce
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 tbsp Italian seasoning
- Pizza Sauce for dipping, optional
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Spray muffin tin with non-stick cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, combine biscuit quarters, 1 cup of mozzarella cheese, pepperoni, pizza sauce, parmesan cheese and Italian seasoning.
- Transfer to the muffin tin, filling each 3/4 of the way full to allow biscuits to expand. Sprinkle reserved 1/2 cup mozzarella over muffins and top each with a pepperoni slice.
- Bake for 15 – 18 minutes or until golden brown on top. Remove from the oven and cool slightly before serving.
NUTRITION INFORMATION PER SERVING
© Copyright Christine Mello for Must Love Home. We would love for you to share a link to this recipe but please do not copy/paste the recipe instructions to websites or social media. We are happy for you to share a photo with a link back to this website instead.