Easy Mexican Beef – tender shaved steak with diced tomatoes and green chilies, seasoned with taco seasoning. Ready to serve in 15 minutes and all in one pan!
This has got to be one of the easiest Mexican Beef recipes EVER! It’s like shredded beef that you cook for hours in the slow cooker, but because you use shaved steak, the beef’s already shredded for you. It’s like magic!
At our house, we eat a Mexican meal at least once a week. When I’m fresh out of dinner ideas or just in a hurry to get dinner on the table, this Mexican Beef recipe comes to the rescue. It’s super adaptive…so it works with ground beef and chicken too. The flavor is fantastic and it’s not too spicy so the kids really love it.
HOW TO MAKE EASY MEXICAN BEEF
You can make delicious seasoned beef for tacos, nachos, burritos, enchiladas and much more with this flavorful beef. The best part is that it’s ready to use in minutes!
INGREDIENTS TO MAKE MEXICAN BEEF
- Shaved Steak – available in the meat case of most grocery stores at prices similar to lean ground beef. If not, ask the butcher in the meat department to shave a top sirloin steak or roast for you.
- Olive Oil – vegetable oil is a good substitute if you son’t have any.
- Diced Tomatoes – I use canned tomatoes with the liquid to make this recipe. The tomato liquid stands in for the water called for to cook the taco seasoning.
- Green Chilies – the canned variety uses very mild green peppers so they have just a little heat.
- Taco Seasoning – I like to make my own taco seasoning, but a packet from the store is fine. Use two tablespoons of homemade seasoning if you make it.
- Lime – if you like lime, this becomes an essential ingredient. It adds flavor and a fresh citrus taste.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE
- Easy Chicken Street Enchiladas
- Oven Chicken Tacos
- Slow Cooker Beef Taco Stack
- Easy Taco Biscuit Casserole
- Easy Taco Pasta Casserole
Easy Mexican Beef
Click highlighted ingredients to buy them!
- In a large skillet, heat olive oil until shimmering over medium-high heat. Add beef and cook until fully browned, 4 – 5 minutes.
- Add tomatoes (with juice), green chilies, lime juice and taco seasoning to beef, Stir to combine and cook until liquid is reduced 4 – 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat and garnish with cilantro. Serve hot.
- Leftovers or made-ahead beef can be stored tightly covered in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
NUTRITION INFORMATION PER SERVING
© Copyright Christine Mello for Must Love Home. We would love for you to share a link to this recipe but please do not copy/paste the recipe instructions to websites or social media. We are happy for you to share a photo with a link back to this website instead.
If you made this recipe, please leave a comment and rating. I would appreciate the chance to troubleshoot any issues you might have had before you leave the rating!