Easy Italian Chicken Giardiniera is a delicious, full of flavor recipe made with only 5 pantry ingredients. It’s 30 minute supper cooking at it’s tastiest!
If you think you have made chicken breasts every which way and there’s nothing fresh out there…guess again. This easy Italian Chicken Giardiniera is quick and tasty, kind of like the New Orleans muffuletta, but without the sandwich. The best part, besides the incredible flavor, is that it takes under 30 minutes to make using chicken cutlets and jarred pickled veggies. The cheese on top mellows out the giardiniera’s vinegar brine and adds even more flavor.
The guys were very skeptical at first…I mean, pickled veggies on chicken…but they loved it! And they all gave a thumbs up to the cheese.
This is one of the recipes from my easy skillet chicken dinner collection. Here’s a few more.
- Creamy French Mustard Chicken
- Savory Chocolate Barbecue Chicken
- Pan Roasted Chicken Thighs with Thyme Garlic Butter
- Smoky Lemon Chicken Piccata
How To Make Easy Italian Chicken Giardiniera
With only 5 ingredients, one pan and 30 minutes needed, this is one simple and tasty supper recipe. Here’s what you need to get started:
- Chicken Breasts – buy the boneless, skinless variety, then cut them into cutlets yourself, or buy them already sliced.
- Olive Oil – if you don’t have it, vegetable oil works fine. I used Extra Light Olive Oil which has a higher smoke point on the higher end for olive oils.
- Mild Giardiniera – buy a variety that is packed in vinegar, not oil, for a lighter taste and less calories.
- Mozzarella Cheese – I used pre-shredded cheese from a bag for this quick recipe, but you can shred your own from a block or use fresh slices.
- Parmesan Cheese – There was a wedge in my fridge so I shredded my own, but grated or pre-shredded is good too.
Heat the olive oil in the pan over medium-high heat until it’s shimmering (not smoking). Add the chicken cutlets and sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste. Cook about 5 minutes per side, until the internal temperature at the thickest part of the breast reads 165 F degrees on an instant read thermometer.
Top the cooked chicken with the chopped giardininera, dividing equally. Place the mozzarella and parmesan cheese on top of the pickled vegetables. Reduce the heat to medium then cover the pan and allow the cheese to melt.
Remove the pan from the heat, and sprinkle with fresh parsley and more parmesan cheese if you like. Serve the chicken hot.
Easy Italian Chicken Giardiniera
Click highlighted ingredients to buy them!
- Heat olive il in medium skillet until shimmering. Add chicken and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Cook 4 – 5 minutes on each side until golden brown and has reached 165°F on an instant read thermometer inserted in thickest part of chicken.
- Top chicken with giardiniera, dividing equally among breasts. Sprinkle cheeses equally over vegetables. Cover pan and cook until cheeses are melted.
- Garnish with parsley and serve hot.
NUTRITION INFORMATION PER SERVING
© Copyright Christine Mello for Must Love Home. We would love for you to share a link to this recipe but please do not copy/paste the recipe instructions to websites or social media. We are happy for you to share a photo with a link back to this website instead.
If you made this recipe, please leave a comment and rating. I would appreciate the chance to troubleshoot any issues you might have had before you leave the rating!