Pan Roasted Chicken Thighs with Thyme Garlic Butter are seared chicken breasts that are oven roasted and smothered with herb garlic butter. Juicy and tender comfort food that’s on the table in less than 30 minutes.
Two little words sum up chicken perfection for me: Chicken.Thighs. That’s right…give me a thigh (skin-on of course!) and I am a happy woman. I know all about the perils of eating fat-laden chicken skin but sometimes I don’t care. Give me that perfectly crispy skin, cooked in butter with a little kosher salt and I am good to go. It’s all about moderation – I just vow that the next 2 times I eat chicken it will be skinless and life should go on. And you really can’t beat the 30 minute cook time on these beauties…just enough time to throw together a salad and steam some veggies. Perfection!
Looking for more simple to make Chicken Recipes? Check my collection here:
- Smokey Lemon Chicken Piccata – amazing flavor served with pasta and lemon
- Sweet and Soy Chicken – sporting an addictive sticky glaze
- Garlic and Honey Chicken – a classic flavor combination
- Lemon Garlic Chicken Piccata – a taste of Italy with basil and capers
Tips and Hints to make the best Pan Roasted Chicken Thighs with Thyme Garlic Butter recipe:
- Start with quality meat – use organic chicken thighs if possible
- Using fresh herbs is always best when the recipe calls for it. Unfortunately sometimes the grocer doesn’t carry them or they are not in season. When this happens I use re-hydrated herbs. I just soak the amount of herbs I need it in a few drops of water and it re-hydrates to almost fresh. The smell and color are just like fresh herbs You can find jars of dehydrated herbs in the spice aisle or produce section of most grocery stores.
Pan Roasted Chicken Thighs with Thyme Garlic Butter
Click highlighted ingredients to buy them!
- 2 pounds chicken thighs, bone in,skin-on, about 2 pounds
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 tbsp unsalted butter
- salt and pepper
- Make the Thyme garlic Butter first: In a small bowl, mix the stick of butter,garlic, thyme and salt(if using) until combined. Set aside.
- Preheat the oven to 475°F. s. Season the chicken with salt and pepper.
- Heat the oil over high heat in a 12 inch cast iron skillet or other oven-safe frying pan. As the oil is heating, add the butter to the skillet. The pan is ready when the oil is hot, but not smoking.
- Add the thighs to the skillet, skin side down. Cook for 2 minutes. Reduce the heat to medium high and continue cooking the chicken for about 10 more minutes. Move chicken around and rotate the pan so heat to the chicken is distributed evenly.
- Transfer the skillet to the preheated oven and continue cooking for 5 minutes more. Turn the chicken thighs over in the pan and continue cooking for an additional 10-13 minutes or until chicken is fully cooked to 165°F on an internal meat thermometer.
- Remove the chicken from the oven and let sit for a few minutes. Top each chicken thigh with a tablespoon of Thyme Garlic Butter before serving.
NUTRITION INFORMATION PER SERVING
© Copyright Christine Mello for Must Love Home. We would love for you to share a link to this recipe but please do not copy/paste the recipe instructions to websites or social media. We are happy for you to share a photo with a link back to this website instead.