Double Chocolate Walnut Cookies – delicious dark fudge like cookies made from cake mix. A cinch to make and great for anytime you need a quick batch of cookies.
There is only one thing better in this world than Chocolate and Walnuts together, and that is Chocolate and Walnuts and more Chocolate! I made these Double Chocolate Walnut Cookies on a whim one night and I was hooked. They are somehow both fudgy and soft like a cookie. I swooned when I tasted them.
- 1 Box Devils Food Chocolate Cake Mix
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 cup oil
- 1/4 cup water
- 1–1/2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips (or your favorite chocolate chips)
- 3/4 cup chopped walnuts
- In a medium bowl, mix the cake mix,eggs,oil and water with a hand mixer until smooth. The batter will be thick, like cookie dough. Scrape down the sides with a spatula to make sure that everything is mixed together.
- Stir in by hand the chocolate chips and walnuts until evenly distributed
- Place by teaspoonful on a greased baking sheet
- Bake 10 – 12 minutes at 350 degrees
- Remove from the oven and tap bottom of the baking sheet on the counter to set the cookies. Let cookies cool at least 5 minutes before removing to a cooling rack
Tip – Use a small ice cream scoop instead of a teaspoon to drop cookie batter onto cookie sheet. The result will be more uniformly sized cookies.