Double Chocolate Walnut Cookies are delicious dark fudge cookies made from a cake mix. Great for anytime you need a quick batch of cookies!
There is only one thing better in this world than Chocolate and Walnuts together, and that is Chocolate and Walnuts and more Chocolate! I made these Double Chocolate Walnut Cookies on a whim one night and I was hooked. They are somehow both fudgy and soft like a cookie. I swooned when I tasted them.
This cookie mix is incredibly easy, and it will work with any 15.25 ounce box of cake mix, just choose your flavor. The recipe ingredients for cookies is the same, use cake mix, 2 eggs and 1/2 cup vegetable oil.
Some of my favorite cake mix flavors for cookies are butter pecan, french vanilla and chocolate. It seems like a hack, but it makes making the cookie batter very consistent!
Budget Tip – buy your cake mixes in bulk when they are on sale and store them until you need them. They will keep on the shelf for a very long time!
Double Chocolate Walnut Cookies
Click highlighted ingredients to buy them!
- 1 box Devils Food Chocolate Cake Mix
- 2 large eggs
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup water
- 1-1/2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips, or your favorite chocolate chips
- 3/4 cup walnuts, chopped
- In a medium bowl, mix the cake mix, eggs,oil and water with a hand mixer until smooth. The batter will be thick, like cookie dough. Scrape down the sides with a spatula to make sure that everything is mixed together.
- Stir in by hand the chocolate chips and walnuts until evenly distributed
- Place by teaspoonful on a greased baking sheet
- Bake 10 – 12 minutes at 350 degrees
- Remove from the oven and tap bottom of the baking sheet on the counter to set the cookies. Let cookies cool at least 5 minutes before removing to a cooling rack
NUTRITION INFORMATION PER SERVING
© Copyright Christine Mello for Must Love Home. We would love for you to share a link to this recipe but please do not copy/paste the recipe instructions to websites or social media. We are happy for you to share a photo with a link back to this website instead.