Crispy on the outside with a chewy center, Chocolate Chip Brown Sugar Cookies are double chocolate delicious! Made with brown sugar, cocoa and chocolate chips, these addictive cookies are perfect as an after school snack or anytime!
Let me introduce you to these decadent and delicious chocolate chip cookies. The chocoholic in me wanted to slip off with an entire tray and eat them, but the responsible….ahem…mom in me resisted the temptation until after I took photos and shared a few with the kids.
Besides the large amount of butter, silky cocoa powder and chocolate chips, it was the brown sugar in these amazing cookies that did me in. The cookies are sweetened with the most incredible Imperial Sugar Brand’s Light Brown Sugar. As soon as I opened the bag the kitchen started filling with the delicious aroma of maple. I ran my fingers through the delicate, crumbly, light as air brown sugar to release more of the sweet syrupy smell throughout my kitchen.
TIPS FOR MAKING CHOCOLATE CHIP BROWN SUGAR COOKIES:
- Use unsalted butter for this recipe. The recipe contains a lot of butter and the final result may be too salty.
- High quality brown sugar is a must – it should be light and crumble in your hand
- Cocoa powder loses it’s flavor potency over time, so use fresh if possible.
- Add the eggs one at a time and beat them into the batter after each addition. This allows time for each egg to emulsify with the butter.
- Use a silicone baking mat for easy lifting of the cookies. Parchment or just a baking sheet are fine but will retain more heat so the cookies may be crisper than those baked on a mat.
Chocolate Chip Brown Sugar Cookies
- In a mixer bowl fitted with paddle blade, beat butter and brown sugar together at medium speed until fluffy, about 2 minutes. Add in the eggs one at a time, beating after each addition. Add vanilla and beat on low until incorporated.
- In a medium bowl, sift together the flour, cocoa, baking soda and salt. Slowly beat into the butter mixture until just incorporated. Using a spatula, fold in the chocolate chips.
- Cover dough and refrigerate for 1 hour until firm.
- Preheat the oven to 350° F. Line baking sheet with mat or parchment, or lightly grease.
- Using ice cream scoop or tablespoon, scoop dough into granulated sugar and roll to cover. Place sugar coated dough onto baking sheet, 2 inches apart.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes. Let cookies cool on the baking sheet for 10 minutes, then transfer to a rack to cool completely.
© Copyright Christine Mello for Must Love Home. We would love for you to share a link to this recipe but please do not copy/paste the recipe instructions to websites or social media. We are happy for you to share a photo with a link back to this website instead.