Make this easy fresh Chicken Breast with Lemon Sauce dinner that’s great for weeknight cooking. Just pair with pasta and veggies!
ThePan-Fried Chicken with Lemon Sauce has a serious place in my heart! Isn’t chicken even more divine when it’s smothered with creamy sauce? The blend of velvety butter-fried chicken breasts with a tangy cream lemon sauce is out of this world. Serve the chicken on a bed of pasta so the flavors will soak down to create a taste you will not soon forget. This is one recipe you will want to have in your recipe box!
Ingredients to make Chicken Breast with Creamy Lemon Sauce
- Chicken Breasts
- All- purpose Flour
- Heavy Cream
How to make Chicken Breast with Lemon Sauce
We do not count calories with this dish as the chicken is fried in butter. Enough said! Oh my word…talk about velvety chicken!
- Halve your chicken breasts lengthwise, so that each breast is half the thickness it was before. Sprinkle with salt and pepper and set aside.
- Next, you’ll make a roux. Creamy lemon sauce is started from a roux of melted butter and flour. Then add heavy cream, lemon zest, lemon juice and salt. Think of the old adage” if butter doesn’t make it good, add more butter”! The lemon sauce is drizzled over the chicken right before serving!
- Heat butter in your frying pan. Dredge the chicken in egg, then flour mix. Fry chicken about 5 minutes on each side, until internal temperature of 165 degrees. Transfer to a serving plate and pour over the sauce. Enjoy!
Hint: save a little sauce in the bottom of the pan…get a spoon and pat yourself on the back for making one of the tastiest sauces ever!
Chicken with Creamy Lemon Sauce
Click on highlighted ingredients to buy them.
- 2 pounds chicken breasts, boneless, skinless: cut in half lengthwise
- 4 tbsp unsalted butter
- 1 cup + 1 Tablespoon all purpose flour
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 4 tsp lemon zest
- 1/4 tsp lemon juice
- 1 large egg
- 8 ounces spaghetti pasta
- salt and pepper
- In a small saucepan over medium heat, melt 2 tablespoons butter. When melted, slowly add 1 tablespoon of flour and stir constantly for 2 minutes. Reduce heat to low and add heavy cream, lemon zest and lemon juice to saucepan, stirring constantly until thickened.Remove from heat and add salt and pepper to taste. Set aside.
- On a pie plate, stir together 1 cup flour, 1 teaspoon salt and 1/2 teaspooon pepper. Combine until well blended. On a second pie plate, crack egg, add 2 tablepoons water and whip with a fork until frothy. In a large frying pan, melt 1 tablespoon of butter.
- Dredge each breast in egg mixture, then immediately in flour, turning to coat completed. Add to melted butter in frying pan. Work in batches as needed. Fry chicken over medium high heat for 4 minutes on each side. Chicken should be 160 degress internally and be golden brown on the outside. If frying in batches, add second tablespoon of butter before adding new batch into pan. Keep completed batch under foil to keep warm.
- While chicken is cooking, cook 8 oz of pasta of choice (photo shows thin spaghetti) accoding to package directions.
- To serve, place pasta on plate, top with 2 chicken breast pieces and drizzle on sauce. mke sure to use enough sauce to run down into pasta. Serve hot and enjoy!
NUTRITION INFORMATION PER SERVING
© Copyright Christine Mello for Must Love Home. We would love for you to share a link to this recipe but please do not copy/paste the recipe instructions to websites or social media. We are happy for you to share a photo with a link back to this website instead.