There is a place deep in my heart for Pan-Fried Chicken with Lemon Sauce. Chicken is so divine when smothered with creamy sauce. The blend of velvety butter-fried chicken breasts with a tangy cream lemon sauce is out of this world. When served on a bed of pasta, the flavors will soak down into the pasta to create a taste you will not soon forget. This is one recipe you will want to have in your recipe box!
This recipe requires:
Chicken Breasts. salt,pepper,egg,flour,butter,heavy cream, and lemons. (pasta is optional)
To get started, halve your chicken breasts lengthwise, so that each breast is half the thickness it was before. Sprinkle with salt and pepper and prepare to fry away. We do not count calories with this dish as the chicken is fried in butter. Enough said! Oh my word…talk about velvet chicken!!
Creamy lemon sauce is started from a roux of melted butter and flour. Then heavy cream, lemon zest, lemon juice and salt are added. Think of the old adage” if butter doesn’t make it good, add more butter”! The lemon sauce is drizzled over the chicken right before serving! Hint: save a little sauce in the bottom of the pan…get a spoon and pat yourself on the back for making one of the tastiest sauces ever!
Tender and delicious chicken topped with a creamy lemnon sauce will have your family and guests begging for seconds. The lemon sauce is also delicious over fish and vegetables.
- 1–2 pounds chicken breasts, cut in half lengthwise
- 4 Tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 cup + 1 Tablespoon all purpose flour
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 4 teaspoons lemon zest
- 1/4 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 egg
- 8 oz thin pasta
- salt and pepper
- To make lemon sauce:
- In a small saucepan over medium heat, melt 2 tablespoons butter. When melted, slowly add 1 tablespoon of flour and stir constantly for 2 minutes. Reduce heat to low and add heavy cream, lemon zest and lemon juice to saucepan, stirring constantly until thickened.Remove from heat and add salt and pepper to taste. Set aside.
- On a pie plate, stir together 1 cup flour, 1 teaspoon salt and 1/2 teaspooon pepper. Combine until well blended. On a second pie plate, crack egg, add 2 tablepoons water and whip with a fork until frothy. In a large frying pan, melt 1 tablespoon of butter.
- Dredge each breast in egg mixture, then immediately in flour, turning to coat completed. Add to melted butter in frying pan. Work in batches as needed. Fry chicken over medium high heat for 4 minutes on each side. Chicken should be 160 degress internally and be golden brown on the outside. If frying in batches, add second tablespoon of butter before adding new batch into pan. Keep completed batch under foil to keep warm.
- While chicken is cooking, cook 8 oz of pasta of choice (photo shows thin spaghetti) accoding to package directions.
- To serve, place pasta on plate, top with 2 chicken breast pieces and drizzle on sauce. mke sure to use enough sauce to run down into pasta. Serve hot and enjoy!
Half and half can be substituted for the heavy cream, allow additional time for the sauce to reduce and thicken.
- Serving Size: 2 chicken halves
Till next time – Christine
I would love for you to follow along! Find me on Facebook and get to know me better thru Instagram (you should). I also post on Bloglovin, Twitter and Hometalk almost every day. And did I mention my Pinterest addiction…. PS – Use the YUM button on the Sidebar to see all my recent recipes on the YUM recipe website!